It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Skin Culture Peel 4000

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-18-2002, 03:50 PM   #121
    Jani

Jani HB User
    Re: Skin Culture Peel 4000

Hombre,

This is a support board and that is what we are doing.

You said:

"In one week this thread has garnered well over a hundred replies mainly between two people neither of whom are actually doing this peel yet."

I didn't know there was a limit on replies. Plus Zittycow has done this peel before. She has been supportive in answering my questions and a few other people's questions that is concidering doing this peel.
    Yes she is thinking about doing it again.

I do believe there was someone else that also replied and said she has done this peel and gave it a thumbs up (Depressed angel).

Thanks for wishing us luck.

Zittycow,

It must be a new relationship with your boyfriend. I do know when I was first with my husband (we were not married yet) I was worried how he saw me looking. I would even go to bed with makeup on (regret that now).

Don't let him upset you. If you don't think you could handle him seeing you look like that, then maybe you should wait until you have been with him longer, and you are more comfortable around him.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2002, 04:06 PM   #122
    Hombre

Hombre HB User

My only goal in my earlier post was to hopefully prevent the "secretive" nature some people feel they need to take in not informing their loved ones in a delicate trusting manner. This is a rather severe procedure for "do it yourself" and no one should feel they need to hide it from their significant others, parents, etc. and of course they should be informed of sources that tell the other side of the story and not just promotional sites. Again, my best to EVERYONE!<p>[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 09-18-2002).]

Old 09-18-2002, 04:35 PM   #123
    Jani

Jani HB User

Hombre,

I thought you were complaining about too many replies. Sorry if I took it the wrong way.

I have already made my mind up and ordered it. All I am going to do now is hope for the best.

Thanks for your input.<p>[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 09-18-2002).]

Old 09-18-2002, 10:58 PM   #124
    RPMcCalip

RPMcCalip HB User

Hey zittycow, jani, and kateling, I've been reading your posts every day for almost the past week with great interest. I can't wait to try the peel myself. 250 dollars doesn't seem all that expensive if it really does what everyone is saying. The only problem is taking 7-10 days off from work. Luckily I have very flexible hours, but that is going to cost me some money though, taking that much time off. Hopefully it will be worth it. Unfortunately I can't start my peel until October 11th, because I am using Sage's at home peels, and they say you have to wait one month before using this product if you are using any aha peels or anything like that. But I will definitely continue checking this post every day to see your updates as you guys are using the peel. I know there are many more people like myself, reading this but not posting anything, just waiting to see how effective the peel is for you guys before deciding whether or not to try it themselves. I can't wait to see how well it works for you, hopefully it will be successful. Please keep us updated daily on this thread, I know this will help many people a lot. By the way, when do each of you think you will be starting the peel? Do you have a date in mind? And is there anyone else out there reading this and thinking about trying it soon? I am about 90 percent certain I will try this, and I will keep everyone updated on my progress when I do, and I will take a before pic and an after pic, so you can see just how effective it is.

Thanks for all the great posts, and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Randy

Old 09-19-2002, 02:25 AM   #125
    zittycow
    Inactive

zittycow HB User

On the contraray. I have not been secretive about this. I havent even ordered the peel yet. yesterday i informed my boyfriend on what i was thinking/would like to do. I think that is informing my loved ones about what i am going to do.

if some of us are reluctant to talk about these thhings with people who do not suffer acne it is because we feel they just cannot understand.

What i have achieved by telling him was a tremendous row and if i decide to go ahead a know it will be a week of hell.

I know feel very insecure about the peel even though i have done it before and KNOW that for ME it worked very well. I dont say it did for others, i am talking for myself only. But know i am beginning to even doubt the result which i know were good. Im beginning to think, what if i was lucky that time and this time it will ruin my skin?

Also, at another site there is a girl who posted a list of products that dont work (or didnt for her). Amongst them she include the skin culture peel. She says shes used the 2000 and was happy witht he results, then she says she used the 4000 twice and it did nothing for her. This kind of post actually makes me doubt her sanity. it just doesnt make sense to me.

Jani, when are you starting your peel? And have you heard again from that girl youre emailing with? Surely its all over for her by now? Any news?

Old 09-19-2002, 04:03 AM   #126
    zittycow
    Inactive

zittycow HB User

should i also tell my parents, family and friends?

That way they can all tell me i'm crazy, look like a monster and will be scarred for life.... Yeah, i think having the people who love me know will created a high enough stress level and optimum conditions to do the peel.

Old 09-21-2002, 03:13 AM   #127
    RPMcCalip

RPMcCalip HB User

Hello Jani, just wondering if you have any updates on the progress of the woman doing the peel? It's been a couple of days since you posted, so I was wondering how she was doing and if you have heard from her?

Thanks,
    Randy

Old 09-21-2002, 10:11 PM   #128
    canada2k

canada2k HB User

thanks for the informative posts
    thank you<p>[This message has been edited by canada2k (edited 09-22-2002).]

Old 09-23-2002, 06:02 PM   #129
    nightonearth

nightonearth HB User

Hey, I just ordered the tester and the 4000 peel. Im pretty much scared to death of trying it. If anyone would like to try it w/ me let me know. Im a 29 year old male btw--michael<p>[This message has been edited by nightonearth (edited 09-24-2002).]

Old 09-23-2002, 11:28 PM   #130
    Navywife22

Navywife22 HB User

Nightonearth Ė

I will try it with you! I am going to order the peel tomorrow but I wonít be able to do it until October 5th. My husband and I have a company function next week and then again on Oct. 4th.

If you want to wait until then we can do each day together. If you want to do it sooner I will be your own personal cheering section!

I am a 30 year old female. I have an indented scar on my chin (looks ok in regular light but like a horrendous slash in any shadow or low light), about 5 or 6 red marks on my chin that have been there for about a year and a half, and freckles / sun damage around my eyes (kind of look like a raccoon without make up). My cheeks are also a little red (not from acne). Think this peel will help me?

I must say that I am scared to death! What if it makes me look worse? What if it doesnít work? What if I look like a freak for the rest of my life??

Let me know what you think.. Anyone else want to do this with us??

Old 09-25-2002, 05:06 PM   #131
    nightonearth

nightonearth HB User

sounds good to me. i have to reorder mine today because it didnt go through for some reason. also i am buying the tester as well (it comes free w/ the peel), i want to try it on a small part of my face first, like maybe under my chin or neck.

michael <p>[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 09-25-2002).]

Old 09-25-2002, 11:14 PM   #132
    RPMcCalip

RPMcCalip HB User

Hello, I am very pleased to see that there are some more people trying this peel. I can't wait to hear your results. I am probably going to order on next week, and I will start on Oct. 11th, more than likely. I would start sooner but I was using an at home chemical peel and I was told I had to stop and wait one month before using this peel, so I can't do it until then. Please keep us updated, I will be checking this post every day to see how things go for you guys. Good Luck!

Also, Jani or ZittyCow, are you guys still going to try the peel? And Jani, have you received anymore emails from that girl who was doing it? It should be over for her by now, so I would be very interested to hear how she liked it, and how much improvement she saw. Please let us know how it went for her if you get the chance.

Randy

Old 09-26-2002, 02:46 PM   #133
    Suzzy Q

Suzzy Q HB User

I also thought about this peel. It's probably a good home peel to do. I is probably the strongest home peel you can buy. I think it is good for someone who has been doing AHA home peels and there skin isn't reacting good with them anymore. I think that going to a doctors office for a TCA peel is probably stronger although it cost more. I also would like to hear from some of you that are going to do this peel, keep us posted.

Closed Thread