It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Skin Culture Peel 4000

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-10-2002, 10:28 AM   #1
    Jani

Jani HB User
    Skin Culture Peel 4000

Hello,
    This is my first time here. I have had acne since I was 24.
    I was able to clear up my skin by using Proactiv Solution. I know that some people do not like it but it did help me. It took about 2 months to do it though. I have been using it since January 2002.

The main reason for this message is Skin Culture's Peel 4000.

I have a lot of acne scars from acne. I am looking for a home remedy for it. The Peel 4000 sounds good but it cost $272.00. I do not want to throw that out the window.

I started Micro-Dermabrasion treatments 3 weeks ago and have had 3 treatments (Once a Week). I have noticed a little improvement. I will go three more times. I'm thinking that it really isn't what I hoped for.

Please let me know about the Peel 4000, or if someone knows of a good exfoliater also.

Thank You,

Jani

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2002, 10:38 AM   #2
    vero

vero HB User
    Re: Skin Culture Peel 4000

did you try aline of products recommended by your derm while on micro dermabrasion? such as clindmycin? or obaji line? any symptoms from it?

Old 09-10-2002, 11:10 AM   #3
    zittycow
    Inactive

zittycow HB User

Skin Culture is awesome. I used the 3000% and it worked miracles. I used it when i had a lot of active acne and it got rid of it all. After i wished id used the 4000 cos that would have worked even better. If what you have is normal type acne and red scarring it will do wonders. However, it does nothing for pitted acne and says so. I have never had any pits from acne, just a lot of red marks which because i am very fair skinned were very noticeable.

The downside of Skin Culture peel (whatever the strength you decicde to use) is that it means a week of hiding. There is no way you can continue normal life if you do this. I got 3 little pots (if you get the 4000 youll get 4 pots), and each night you apply the whole of each pot to your entire face, leave on for 20 minutes then remove excess with a wooden spatula they provide. In the morning your skin will look disgusting. It will be a reddish-brown colour and feel tight. After each new application your skin get redder/browner and tighter. When you have finished up all yer pots you then use a cream which you leave on for two hours a day, then remove. The whole process takes about a week, maybe ten days at the most depending on how tough your skin is. With me it was one week exactly. I started on a Sunday night and by the floowing Sunday my skin was beautiful. This is a very deep peel, it will get rid of your acne, get rid of red marks and all in all make your skin look at least 5 yearrs younger and gorgeous. The peeling process is gross though, your skin literally peels off in quite thick layers. It's definately worth the money but you need the time off and like pretend youve gone on holiday for a week so no one will contact you cos believe me, you wont want no one seeing you like that.

This is my own personal experience with the Skin Culture Peel. It was great for me. i wouldnt use it again because of the hassle and cos i dont think i need to now, though even if your skin is perfect its still worth it cos it leaves your skin looking like porcelain.

Feel free to ask more about this.

Old 09-10-2002, 11:10 AM   #4
    Jani

Jani HB User

Vero,

No I am not using any of that with my Microdermabrasion treatment.
    I have, however, using Retin A. I just started that Sunday nite.

Thanks,
    Jani

Old 09-10-2002, 11:25 AM   #5
    livenlearn

livenlearn HB User

that peel you just described sounds alot like the obagi blue peel ..... insofar that your skin is ugly and brown,and then all peels off.... however, the plastic surgeon does it in his office, takes about 1/2 hour to complete... and then your down time is about a week....... it's ok.. i've had 2 done..... although i never had the "red mark" scarring... i do have about 4 pitted scars on my face i wanted to get rid of.... needless to say, this didn't get rid of them completely..... it did make my skin pretty even, and tone..... however, if you stop using the obagi products.. it's just money down the drain.... your skin comes back to the way it was..... strange but true..... ANYWAY, just thought i'd mention

Old 09-10-2002, 11:33 AM   #6
    zittycow
    Inactive

zittycow HB User

sounds like the same thing only Skin Culture is a do-it-at-home kit. It doesnt worrk for pitted scars unfortunately but does do wonders for red marks and evening skin tone. I was very happy with the results and i have never again had such bad acne since. Now i get pimples which honestly do not bother me if it wasnt because of the red mark they leave which because i am so fair is just so noticeable. I wish i had darker skin. I see girls with like marks which you can tell are from pimples but it doesnt look so bad cos their skin is darker. But red on white does not look good!!

Oh another thing. This peel is much more effective if you are fair skinned. Like i said, i would do it again, i would do it tomorrow if i could take a week off and just relax at home. Unfortunately cant do that right now so im just moisturising a lot with vitamin E cream and using a Kojic acid gel which is very good but by no means to yuo get the same spectacular results.

Old 09-10-2002, 12:11 PM   #7
    Jani

Jani HB User

Zittycow
    I do have some red scarring and lots of shallow scars (couple of them aremore pitted). I also have medium light skin. I will not mind the downside of a week of hiding, because I have some vacation time coming, and will be able to hide for a week.
    You said that once you start peeling it makes you look disgusting (that is scarry). Is it very painful?
    You said it will get rid of your acne, get rid of red marks and all in all make your skin look at least 5 years younger and gorgeous. Does this mean that it would get rid of my fine lines around my eyes and laugh lines? I also have small puffiness under my eyes, what about that? Hopefully shallow scars as well.
    Also "livenlearn" said that the peel is like the obagi blue peel, your skin is ugly and brown, and then all peels off, expept the plastic surgeon does it instead of doing youself. It didn't get rid of the pitted scars completely, but it did make the skin pretty even, and tone.
    Is the Skin Culture Peel the same as the Blue Peel, if you stop using it your skin goes back to the way it was. Like if I do the Peel 4000 will I need another one in a month or two? Will it make my skin go right back? How long has it been since you used the peel and does your skin still look like porcelain? If not how long did it last?

Thanks so much for your response (livenlearn's too)
    Jani

<p>[This message has been edited by Jani (edited 09-10-2002).]

Old 09-10-2002, 12:57 PM   #8
    Jani

Jani HB User

Zittycow,
    If you are still out there please let me know something.
    Or if somebody else has any advice for me, before I break down and buy this peel.
    Thanks,
    Jani

Old 09-10-2002, 01:23 PM   #9
    jhappy

jhappy HB User

livenlearn, you said that once you stop using obaji that your skin goes back to the way it was?? thats awful. My question is..if obaji evens out your skin, how does it go back to looking pitted again?

Old 09-10-2002, 03:30 PM   #10
    zittycow
    Inactive

zittycow HB User

If you have the time and the guts to go into hiding for a week my advice is do it, and do the 4000, i did the 3000, the only difference between them is that the 4000 you apply for 4 nights and the 3000 for 3.

It does not remove pitted scars but will do wonders for your red marks and skin in general. yes, it also removes lines and wrinkles and brown marks caused by sun damage.

Depending on how severe your acne and marks are you may need to do more than one peel. I did one and was very happy with the results. My skin was smooth and it recovered its natural skin tone because of the amount of skin layers the peel took off. I wont say that i wasnt left with the odd red mark here and there, but it was so little and my skin looked so good in general that i didnt care; and consider that i only did the 3000 peel, if i'd done the 4000 i would have had even better results.

It is uncomfortable though. You apply it for 2hours (i think, cant remember right now) and you get a burning feeling for a bit which is normal, then you remove the excess and you do not wash your face. you repeat this for the 4 nights and each day you will see an increased reddening and tightening of the skin and all your blemishes will look much worse! After the night of the last application you start to use a moisturising cream which you leave on for 2 hours and then remove, from that moment on the peeling process starts.

You can do one peel a month. So if you find that you need another you have to wait one month at least. You also must do a patch test the size of a coin under your chin for a week before applying to the whole face. If you decide to order it you get very clear instructions about how to use the product correctly.

I was extremely happy with the results but i can't stress enough that it worked well for me and that everyone is different.

Hope this has been helpful.

Old 09-10-2002, 03:50 PM   #11
    Jani

Jani HB User

Zittycow,
    You are talking me into it. I have a mole on my face that I have to get removed (it's farely big). My dermatolisgist (SP)is going to do that Friday. I will do the peel after it is removed. That way maybe it will help the scar from my mole also.

You sound very pleased with the Peel.

One more question. As "livenlearn" had said (about the other simular peel) once you quit using it your face goes right back the way it was.

This wasn't true with the Peel 3000 was it? How long has it been since you did it, and does your face still look good?

Thanks So Much!

Jani<p>[This message has been edited by Jani (edited 09-10-2002).]

Old 09-10-2002, 04:11 PM   #12
    zittycow
    Inactive

zittycow HB User

My face did not look worse after a while. It continued to improve. After the peel i used creams with AHA in them and that continued to smooth the skin.

Forgot to say you can do up to 10 Skin Culture Peels (always waiting for a month in between).

Also should say that it is kinda scary. I ordered the 4000 but only had the guts to use it for 3 nights, i chickened out night 4, then when i saw the results i wished i hadnt.

If youre gonna get a mole removed i dunno if having the peel done straight away would be a good idea. I would ask your derm about that, though your derm is gonna tell you not to do such a deep peel at home.

Old 09-10-2002, 04:16 PM   #13
    zittycow
    Inactive

zittycow HB User

How long ago did i do it? Just over a year id say and my skin has never gott worse than when it was when i did it. I still get pimples cos my skin is like that but i firmly believe if i had the time and i could do some more of those peels i would just look better and better each time.

The skin culture peel is approved by the FDA. dunno what that is but its something do to with it being approved by the helth authorities or something.

Old 09-10-2002, 04:22 PM   #14
    zittycow
    Inactive

zittycow HB User

you can say to your derm that youre thinking of having a peel done and how long you should wait after gettting the mole removed. That way youll know whether itll be good to have it done so soon or not.

Old 09-10-2002, 04:35 PM   #15
    Jani

Jani HB User

Zittycow,

Yes you are right!! It is very very scary! To do a peel like that so deep all by yourself. I'm kind of scared it might make me look like a monster afterward.
    Leaving permenant skin damage!!

I really want a peel bad to improve my scars and fine lines.

I do have to get this mole removed though. I thought about doing the peel first. Then again if I do the peel first what about the scar from my mole removal... It will stand out like a sore thumb.

I know it will leave a scar because I had to have some removed from my arm and back a little over a month ago (I used to stay in the sun all the time and now I am paying for it).

So you were scared too.
    I shouldn't be scared right? It is harmless?

Thanks,

Jani

Closed Thread