It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• what is the old guy method?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-15-2002, 01:40 PM   #1
    bongo_182

bongo_182 HB User
    what is the old guy method?

what is the old guy method?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2002, 03:02 PM   #2
    kl899

kl899 HB User
    Re: what is the old guy method?

Bongo, here are the words of oldguy himself. His regimen originally started out as a method for treating heart disease so you will see a lot of references to that. I would give oldguy's method more legitimacy than B5. although I never tried it, it has some very sound reasoning behind it. the nice part is that you don't need to go on a low fat diet!!! He claims you'll start seeing results within 4-6 weeks.

-------------------------------------------------------
    This is old guys experiment.

If anyone tries it then can they post their findings to Healthboards.
    I never thought I'd be so swamped in this experiment. Because of this, and the rush, I'm pasting a response I sent to a woman who's husband is suffering high cholesterol and heart trouble. The similarities in the
    development of atherosclerosis inside the arteries, and cystic acne in the skin are so similar that this may just work. I became aware of this when I was scratching my wife's back and it dawned on me that she had not one
    pimple anywhere. This is also true with me...not even on my calves where I used to get ingrown hairs, nor on my forehead. The meds, dosage and diet should be the same, and results should become apparent in about a month to six weeks. However, there appears to be a med-med reaction between vitamins C and B5 and BHT. If you are taking these, reduce them to no more than
    50mg/day AFTER starting the BHT regimen. It's not that you'll get a bad reaction, it's just that they seem to tie up the BHT making it ineffective. Also, if you drink alcohol, be careful. BHT slows the liver's breakdown of
    blood alcohol and will cause an easy drunk. It would be a good idea for you to have your blood lipids (Total cholesterol, HDL's, LDL's and triglycerides) checked despite your age. In fact, there have been a large number of children with high blood lipids which cause the heart disease much later in life. Heart disease is a very slow progressing disease that starts early in life, and progresses to become apparent late in life. It is not an
    old person's disease! It just shows up late. If your lipids are high, this regimen will drop them and keep you from ever having a heart attack.... The letter is pasted in below; however, do not increase your dosage as in
    the third week. it won't be necessary for acne. It's only for those that already suffer high cholesterol and blood lipids. PS: if you've any questions, feel free to E anytime.
    ======================================== ======================================== ====
    Hello XXX
    I post on healthboards under "high cholesterol", which is one of the most informative posts you'll ever run in to. Most of the people there have had a nightmare with statins such as Lipitor, and fibrates, such as Lopid.
    Both types are very destructive to the liver and kidneys, and the remaining side affects are not pleasant. One of the young men that started using the med I write about uses the name "Foggy" and he has just posted his new
    numbers. I have posted most of my wife's history , and my latest posts include her latest numbers. She has had numbers at a high of: Total Cholesterol = 795, Triglycerides of 6640, and low HDL's of 8. She is a
    brittle (uncontrollable blood glucose) diabetic, something that I am working on now. I doubt if your husbands numbers are that bad or he would not be alive. The truth is that the doctors only gave my wife about three months to live one year and 3 months ago. It's worth your time to stop at the high cholesterol boards.
    The medications are: BHT (butylated hydroxytoluene), NAC (N-acetylcysteine), niacinamide, selenium, Zinc, and manganese gluconate. BHT is a food additive which is added to anything that contains oils or fats to prevent their becoming rancid (oxidized). It is a strong lipid-soluble antioxidant that prevents the lipids, and phospholipids in the body from becoming peroxidized. These lipids are cholesterol, low density lipoproteins, phospholipids, and triacylglycerides (called triglycerides).
    When oxidized and/or peroxidized, these lipids are the cause of atherogenesis because they are the prime free radicals that attack cell membranes internal to the arteries. By preventing their oxidation, you prevent the attack on the artery walls, even when the lipid numbers are high. The problem is that BHT is limited to 0.02% as an additive by the F.D.A. Many food naturalists are against any food additives thinking they are all bad....This chemical is a miracle on and above the par of aspirin and antibiotics. The mechanism by which it lowers blood lipids and raises HDL's is not really known. In fact, until I started using it on my wife, no one knew it did this. I have researched this product for over a year, and have about 300 clinical and lab papers and 19 floppy disks of clinical studies, all of which indicate that it is: an anti-cancer agent, an anti-viral that kills lipid coated viruses such as Herpes, cytomegalovirus,
    AIDS, etc, and that it prevents angiogenesis and slows diabetic neuropathy. It was the agent that I used to stop a very rare and resistant skin cancer I had on my face, and this is why I had it on hand when my wife started having her heart problems. I originally gave it to my wife to protect her from flu, and the result was a drastic drop in her blood lipids. I have reviewed
    virtually every toxicology report and negative clinical trial that are on the medical libraries and have found such bazaar dosages and methods of testing that it approaches the same efforts that were used to remove sodium sacharrin from the shelves long ago. (Strangely, Aspartame was developed at that time and made the substitution.) ( Now, the FDA said it made a mistake, and S. S. is back on the shelves; however, Aspartame is fully entrenched and will always remain the leader.) ( Coincidence??? I doubt it.) BHT is approved as a med only in Russia as a treatment for bladder cancer under the name "Ionol". BHT is metabolized in the liver in the same pathway as Tylenol. Both tend to deplete the vitamin E content of the liver, and is my reason for
    using NAC. Tylenol is far more toxic to the liver than BHT and should not be used. Aspirin is by far the better choice.
    NAC is a thiol reagent that forms sulfahydril bonds to the metabolites (residual products) of BHT and renders them harmless so that they can be eliminated from the body safely both in urine and fecally. This mechanism
    prevents the depletion of vitamin E. There has been no case of liver damage in humans by BHT at the dosages I propose. In fact, not even at 20 times the dosage. When combined with NAC, the limit would likely be 50 times our dosage. This makes it safer than salt. Unfortunately, BHT is not easily assimilated in the intestines unless combined with a meal containing fats or
    oils. So it must be taken with food. About 1 in 200,000 have allergic reaction and develop light rash. It has a tendency to lower blood pressure in some, and until a person becomes acclimatized, it may cause light-headedness. This is rare. One of its virtues is its aspirin-like property of lowering blood clotting tendencies that lead to coronary infarctions. NAC is easily assimilated, but is highly acidic and if taken on an empty
    stomach, it can cause acid heartburn or cramps. It should be taken with milk, Gaviscon antiacid, or food. In some people, it makes them feel full and curbs appetite. It also is a strong antioxidant, and a heavy metal
    sequestrant...in effect, a detoxifier for lead, free iron, aluminum and mercury. It also slowly dissolves the calcium in pre-existing plaque. It does not remove calcium from bones, but actually strengthens the periostium, (membrane covering the bones). It is a precursor of glutathione, which is a strong antioxidant, and is used by the body's cell membranes and immune
    system.
    Large doses of niacin reduce cholesterol, and triglycerides, and raise the good cholesterol, or HDL's. However, it takes anywhere from one to 5 grams per day, which causes gastric problems, and severe niacin flushing and burning sensation, and in some cases, liver damage.. A substitute that works better is niacinamide (nicotinamide), which works synergistically with BHT
    and needs a much smaller dose of 200 to 500mg per day. Nicotinamide is converted into NADP and NAD, both of which regulate and lower the liver's production of triglycerides and cholesterol, and prevents free radical
    damage in the liver.
    Selenium and zinc are cell membrane strengtheners as well as antioxidants that prevent free radical damage to cell membranes. These are Walmart products.
    Manganese is used by the body to make manganese superoxide dismutase, which is a powerful destroyer of superoxide free radicals. It is also used in metabolism of blood lipids. I purchase this at xxxx in 100tablet bottles @ 10mg ea for $4.17 each.
    BHT can be bought in 100 capsule 250mg per cap from XXXX for about $9.00 plus shipping. It can be bought in 500 cap jars at XXXX for about 34 dollars.
    NAC and Niacinamide I buy at XXXX. NAC costs
    $16.17 for a bottle of 100, 600mg caps. It's the cheapest source I've found.
    Niacinamide costs $4.75 for 100 500mg capsules.
    I buy the above in large quantities to offset the high cost of shipping.

REGIMEN:

The First week:
    Breakfast or lunch: 100mg of zinc gluconate, 200ugm of selenium,
    500mg of niacinamide, and 20mg of manganese gluconate.
    Immediately after supper: 1 capsule of BHT and 1 of NAC.

NOTE: !!! DO NOT TAKE ANY VITAMIN C (ASCORBATE) WITH BHT. IT COUNTERACTS BHT. BHT DOES THE JOB OF C AND THEN SOME!!!. DO NOT TAKE BHT WITH CITRUS DRINKS FOR THE SAME REASON. VITAMIN C AT 200MG/DAY IS ADEQUATE.

After the first week:
    The same as the first week, but add 1 capsule of BHT at lunch. This makes a total of 500mg of BHT per day.
    Take your blood lipid panel at the end of five weeks. Cholesterol usually goes up about 10 points before falling. LDL's fall and HDL's increase in
    the first five weeks. When HDL's reach about 50, cholesterol will start falling rapidly (as compared to Lipitor and other statins) to normal standards.

After third week:
    Increase the BHT to one gram daily. That's two capsules with the two
    meals containing the most fat; usually lunch and supper.
    --THE GREATEST ERROR IS A HIGH CARB DIET AND LOW FATS.
    --DO NOT USE POLYUNSATURATED FAT FREE VEGETABLE OILS. WHEN DEHYDROGENATED,
    HIGHLY ACTIVE BONDS ARE LEFT THAT REACT VERY READILY WITH OXYGEN TO BECOME
    OXIDIZED AND PEROXIDIZED BOTH OUTSIDE OF, AND WITHIN THE BODY. USE OLIVE
    OIL, REAL BUTTER, OR LARD. NO LOW FAT SALAD DRESSINGS.
    --EAT RED MEATS, NECESSARY FOR HDL'S. FISH IS EVEN BETTER. BOTH PROVIDE
    ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS, (OMEGA 3'S AND 6'S.)
    --EGGS ARE GOOD AND SO IS BACON IF DONE WELL AND BLOTTED DRY.
    --LIMIT INTAKE OF CARBOHYDRATES, ESPECIALLY SUGARS AND WHITE BREAD. LIMIT
    POTATOES.
    --EMPTY FIVE CAPS OF BHT INTO ONE QUART OLIVE OIL AND ALLOW TO DISSOLVE OVER
    NIGHT. DO THE SAME TO ANY VEG OILS IF YOU INSIST ON USING THEM.
    --DO NOT USE LOW FAT MILK.. IT IS MADE WITH POWDERED MILK THAT HAS HAD THE
    FAT REMOVED, AND WHAT LITTLE FAT IS LEFT IS OXIDIZED.

Old 04-15-2002, 03:20 PM   #3
    kl899

kl899 HB User
    Re: what is the old guy method?

i wonder if there is an initial breakout with this method...

Closed Thread