It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Skin Culture Peel - Day 7

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-23-2002, 03:21 PM   #1
    Navywife22

Navywife22 HB User
    Skin Culture Peel - Day 7

I ordered the Skin Culture Peel 3000 a few weeks ago . I donít remember how long it took to ship from the UK to Hawaii but I donít think it was very long.

I applied a small part of the test kit. There was no burning, stinging, or any other sensation but it smelled really really bad!

Day 1 of the 3000 peel. 8:00 pm
    Washed face and waited 5 minutes, per the directions. Applied all of the pot to my face. Good grief does it smell!!! It smells something like burning coal/BBQ sauce/bad chewing tobacco. I have pale skin so the brown color is rather shocking. It also feels like I am trying to spread a cold tootsie roll on my face.
    About 5 minutes later the burning/stinging started. It feels like fire ants are biting my face. I have to sit in front of the fan to make it better. It is not as bad as I have read about but still bad. The burning lasts right an hour. After that I am able to turn off the fan. Now it feels like warm menthol on my face. Kind of like when you have really bad chapped lips. I leave it on for 2 hours, per the printed directions. After two hours, I use the spatula to scrape off the brown stuff. There is some still left on my face so I use tissue to wipe it off. I do not use petroleum jelly like the instructions suggest since I think that may be too greasy. My face is slightly pink, mostly on my cheeks, and still had the burning smell. My husband wont get near me!

Day 2,morning
    Face looks the same as last night, no change this morning. My cheeks are pink and the tip of my nose is a little darker. It does not feel or look any different than before I started the peel.
    8:00 pm
    Washed with only water and waited 5 minutes. Everything else the same as yesterday but the burning is a little worse. When I wiped the stuff off after 2 hours my face was tender, sort of like when you rub a sunburn. Face still the same color.

Day 3 morning
    Face just slightly pink. No real change.
    Same as previous 2 days. Face a little more tender when wiping the stuff off.

Day 4 morning
    Face still the same except my red marks are redder and I now have two zits, one small on my chin and one big one by the corner of my mouth (but a little lower)
    8:00pm
    supposed to start using the Normalizer cream but think I will use the tester pot and turn my 3000 peel into a 4000 peel. Applied it and all went the same as other 3 days. Still tender to wipe off.

Day 5 morning.
    Face still looks the same, not red at all, and the pink is going away. There is a little flaking around my mouth. Zits still there.
    Applied the Normalizer cream. It feels like I am applying butter to my face. It feels a little greasy and gritty. It goes against my instinct of what I would normally put on my face. Leave it on for 2 hours then wipe it off. Face feels and looks the same.

Day 6 morning.
    Face the same,no peeling, no redness, but it is a little itchy.
    8:00
    Applied cream same as day before. Face a little tight and itchy when I wiped the cream off. No peeling at all and doesnít look like it will peel any time soon.

Day 7 am.
    Starting to look old. I donít know about the claims that you will look 5 years younger since I now look 10 years older. I have lots of wrinkles, and my face looks like it could use a tub of moisturizer. Light flaking around my mouth ,some around my nose, and little on my chin. My cheeks, forehead, nose, and temples are wrinkled but very soft and smooth. Good god I hope my face starts to peel soon! What if it doesnít and I stay looking like this???
    Applied cream same as day before. The flaking skin come off when I wiped off the cream. Zits still there and the one below my mouth is swollen and very itchy. It looks like my face will ever peel even though it is dry and very itchy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2002, 03:32 PM   #2
    ZC

ZC HB User
    Re: Skin Culture Peel - Day 7

Congratulations. You seem to be one of the few people who have used the Skin culture peel following the instructions correctly; though you cant be using the one i did, as mine said nothing about using petroleum jelly.

If yuor skin is feeling tight and wrinkly that means you will peel, however it seems it's going to take you longer than me, i started to peel on night 4.

Good luck and keep us updated

ZC

Old 11-23-2002, 04:07 PM   #3
    Navywife22

Navywife22 HB User

ZC -

Yes, I am using the same one that you did.

I asked the company about it and they said that they just started to recommend that people use the petroleum since it helps get the brown stuff off better.
    She said that if someone had ordered the peel a while ago it would not have said anything about the petroleum in the instructions. Their peels have not changed, just the instructions.

Old 11-23-2002, 04:22 PM   #4
    ZC

ZC HB User

Thanks for informing on that. I still think you did the right thing not to use the petroleum jelly though, and after my experience with it i dont think i would use it either if i did another peel.

ZC

Old 11-26-2002, 11:20 AM   #5
    Bobbi

Bobbi HB User

Hey Navywife - how is it going? I'm on day 6 now and I haven't been impressed so far.

Old 11-26-2002, 12:25 PM   #6
    lets_unite
    Inactive

lets_unite HB User

Why aren't you impressed, Bobbi?

What skin type are you, by the way?

I hope it works out for you.
    Have you started to peel yet?

Hey, did you read my post on the other thread? I predict you'll start peeling on day 7/8 if you haven't already. Good Luck - KEEP US POSTED of anything that happens. Thanks

LETS_UNITE!

Old 11-26-2002, 12:54 PM   #7
    Navywife22

Navywife22 HB User

Bobbi -

I am not impressed either. In fact I am getting quite ticked off.

I am now on day 10 (!) and still at it.My chin has a strip that has flaked off, my nose has minor flaking, and I think I see some flakes around the sides of my nose. That is it! Absolutely nothing else! My cheeks, temples, and forehead feel smooth and soft but look old. I look like someone who has spent every day of my life in the sun. I am very pale skinned and burn easy. My skin is dry and itchy.

The sun damage I had before (freckles around my eyes and a few brown spots) are still there and now darker than they were.

The red spots look the exact same. I now have small blackheads on my chin.I wonder if this is part of the peel or that I have not washed my face in 11 days?

I am getting really tired of this all. I wish it would just hurry up and peel! I was so excited about doing this peel but now regret it. I haven't been out of my house in 11 days, I want to style my hair, put on make up, and go outside! Thank goodness I work from home or I don't know what I would do!

Since my forehead and cheeks show no sign of peeling I am getting worried..How long is this going to go on..?

I hope you are having a better time at it that I am..
    How is yours going?

Old 11-26-2002, 02:18 PM   #8
    lets_unite
    Inactive

lets_unite HB User

navywife, you're on your 10th day? damn

This gives me doubts about the Skin Culture Peel now too. We'll see.

Good Luck though!

Old 11-26-2002, 03:24 PM   #9
    ZC

ZC HB User

For NavyWife and Bobbbi,

I am really sorry to hear that neither of you are getting any good results with this peel. I dont know what to say and can offer no opinion, as what you are experiencing did not happen to me. For me from night 4 onwards my whole face peeled in thick clumps of skin, and by day 6 it was all over.

I know how frustrated you both must feel.

Can i ask you both some questions? Did either of you use Glycolic acid, salicylic acid, retin A or any other skin lightening or harsh/aggresive product on your faces before the peel. Or had either of you recently done another type of peel or a microderm?

I am really sorry that i have no optimistic comments to make, but i hope that you will both eventually peel and see at least some improvement.

ZC

Old 11-26-2002, 03:29 PM   #10
    ZC

ZC HB User

Just wanted to add that during my peel i didnt respect the intructions completely. I did wash my face with a mild, gentle cleanser for normal skin morning and night and i did wear make up one day and washed it off at night. I know this isnt really relevant but i just thought id let you know as i get the feeling Navywife is really itching to wash her face properly.

Old 11-26-2002, 04:35 PM   #11
    Navywife22

Navywife22 HB User

I have not used any of the products that you asked about. I usually wash my face with Cetaphil and use Azelex whenever I get a pimple. I was on Diane 35 for a year, got off of it 6 months ago,and have not broken out since.

I am going to wash my face tonight with Cetaphil. The very small areas that have flaked off are oily. Who knows maybe it will help with the peeling..

Old 11-27-2002, 01:39 PM   #12
    Bobbi

Bobbi HB User

Thanks guys for your encouragement. I really I'm disappointed with this skin culture peel. I had not used any of the products they say not to use. I also followed the instructions exactly. Other than a bit of flaking, I have absolutely no peeling and just like you Navywife, the discoloration which I was hoping to get rid of seems darker. The rest of my face is just as blotchy as ever and of course I'm all wrinkly now. I'm on day 7 today and I'm convinced now that this just wasn't the peel for me.

Old 11-28-2002, 12:31 AM   #13
    mayar
    (male)

mayar HB User

a word of warning.

I tried the SC 4000 peel around a year ago, I followed the instructions clearly - by day 9 when I hadn't started peeling, I started to rub it off myself - eventually, I had burn like marks for around 2 months and my face was very sore. It never helped with acne or scarring.

Old 11-28-2002, 06:41 PM   #14
    Catherine21
    (female)

Catherine21 HB User

Navywife, how does your face look today? Keep us posted!

Old 11-28-2002, 08:30 PM   #15
    Navywife22

Navywife22 HB User

Well, lets see .. I am now on day 12 (or is it 13?) and I am not much farther along.

About 1/4 of my nose has flaked off, 1/8 of my cheeks (mostly around my nose), and 1/2 of my chin has flaked off. The area around my eyes are dark, puffy, and brown. It looks like I have about 10 extra years of sun damage in that area. The part of my chin that has peeled is oily and has whiteheads (never had that before). The section that peeled on my nose is oily and blotchy.
    There is a spot on my cheek, next to my nose, that is dark red where I think some skin rubbed off when I washed my face. I do have a very small section on my temple that looks like I sand papered it.

The parts that haven't peeled look awful.

My forehead looks sun damaged and wrinkly but is absolutely nowhere near peeling. I am not sure if it ever will..

I was so excited about this peel but am now really ******.. I am so afraid that my skin will not return to normal. All I had before this peel was a little sun damage on my nose/eye area, an indented scar on my chin, and a few red spots on my chin. Now I have a mess... When is it ever going to end??

I have a function that I have to go to on Saturday (now way out of it) and have no idea what to do since I look so very bad. Any suggestions??

How is everyone else doing?

Closed Thread