It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Could my body be resisting the accutane?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-31-2002, 09:30 AM   #1
    20withacne
    (female)

20withacne HB User
    Could my body be resisting the accutane?

I am on day 81 of 60mg/day and I swear I think my body has a resistance against the accutane. To date the only real side effect I have experienced are slightly chapped lips. That's it! When I went to my esthetician she even commented that she was surprised my skin was not drier. I am into week 11 now and really do not see any improvement at all. Is it possible to have an immune system that resists meds? When I took tetracyclin and minocyclin my skin would look good for a week or two and then go back to being gross. Same thing happens when I try new face washed- they help for a week and then my skin looks bad again after the first week. I am wondering if I am the only one who seems to resist meds? What is this called? Thanks.

~21

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2002, 10:32 AM   #2
    scoobydoobydoowhereru

scoobydoobydoowhereru HB User
    Re: Could my body be resisting the accutane?

I think everyone here has found that they build up resistances to the meds they try, i know i do. Its commonly accepted by doctors that this happens, but im not sure how likely it is to happen with accutane-ive never tried it. i dont think its your body becoming immune to anything either, its the bacteria that becomes immune. talk to your doctor about how you feel, maybe they can think of a way making you or the bacteria less resistant to new drugs. sorry i cant be more help, good luck and have a good new year.
    Sy

Old 12-31-2002, 10:38 AM   #3
    Andrew29
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Andrew29 HB User
    Re: Could my body be resisting the accutane?

Same thing kind of happened to me, when I took Accutane the 2nd time. I was on it for about 7 months. I had less acne during the middle months (around 60-80mg/day) than I did during the last few months (around 80-120mg/day). I'm on my 3rd course now, and I hope that the body hasn't developed resistance to Accutane, if it's possible.

Closed Thread