It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

Overwhelmed

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2011, 06:28 AM   #1
Hawaiian2011
(female)

Hawaiian2011 HB User
Unhappy Overwhelmed

I didn't really have a problem with acne until I reached 20yrs. I had tried several different products; Proactiv, Murad, Acne Free, Neutrogena products, and more. I didn't start getting real bad breakouts until last year, and now i'm visiting a Dermatologist. My first visit was last month and they put me on several different medications. I was excited to see a dermatologist because this meant that I would see better days. I began my acne regimen and now my skin is worse than it has ever been. I researched the products I was prescribed online and discovered it is normal for the acne to become worse. I am not sure how long this "worse" stage is supposed to last. After three weeks I began to get these acne scars even on acne that I wouldn't touch. I am not sure if this is normal. I went back to the dermatologist because I was really worried and she then gave me the Ziana. I have been more depressed than ever not wanting to go anywhere and I've been sleeping a lot. I have to force myself to go out and do my normal routine. I go to the gym regularly and enjoy it very much but that seems difficult now. I'm wondering if there are any people out there who have used any of the the same products, and would have any feedback about their experience. I would really appreciate hearing from anyone. I try to talk to my parents and my friends for comfort but they don't understand they just try to make me laugh and tell me to just wait it out. I also have been dealing with comments from people at my job which haven't been real nice. I know I should just ignore them but it's hard when what they say I see in the mirror, so i believe it and let it get to me. I hope that what the dermatologist has given me works and I'm not in a long process trying to find things that work. - Reaching out

The following user gives a hug of support to Hawaiian2011:
Linsey1 (01-17-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2011, 08:17 AM   #2
Linsey1
(female)

Linsey1 HB User
Re: Overwhelmed

Hi there I really feel for you and know what you are going through I've had nasty unhelpful comments made to me and over heard at work etc and it really hurts. Unless you are going through it I don't think people really understand how much acne affects your self esteem.

Keep going with the medication for at least 6 weeks most treatments make things worse before it gets better. People tend to give up to early but if after 7 or so weeks it still isn't getting better then go back to your dermatologist.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:05 AM   #3
Hawaiian2011
(female)

Hawaiian2011 HB User

Thank you I had start to begin that it was a bad idea for me to post to this site, that really helps just to have someone who knows what it's like, yeah it's hard to be at work and school i even avoid hanging out with my friends most days...i hope things start to get better thank you again!

Old 01-18-2011, 08:40 AM   #4
WhenItRains
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User

Hey there,I think you should call your doctor back and tell her how depressed you are and how bad your face is still.
Ask her for a short run of oral antibiotics like doxycycline or minocycline just until the ziana starts working.A 3 month dose should be enough to clear you while you are going through the initial break out.
I was on Ziana,and yes it did get worse before better and took a few weeks-few months before I got clear.
hang in there!

Old 01-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
Linsey1
(female)

Linsey1 HB User

Hiya just wondered how your feeling today and if you've had any improvement?

Old 01-24-2011, 07:27 AM   #6
Hawaiian2011
(female)

Hawaiian2011 HB User

Hey sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner, busy with school...I've noticed a little change it seems to be getting a little better..i think some days it looks better than it'll flare up again..i'm trying to be optimistic and not let it bring me down, your comments have helped a ton. thank you again!

Closed Thread