It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

Is my routine a bust?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
drummer22
(male)

drummer22 HB User
Is my routine a bust?

I come in peace, and to ask you guys of successful routines for face washing, particularly in the morning. I've jumped from numerous variations over the years and am having a hard time sticking with one.

My new routine is to: wet my face directly under the shower head, hoping it washes dead skin off, then apply moisturizer. I used to cleanse in the morning, but found my skin became more irritable and acne-prone (it may have just been a breakout period, but I got cold-feet and stopped). Is this routine ineffective? Should I cleanse, and can I do it in the shower? What morning routine do you use?

What's very strange about my acne (well, probably not) is that it is not in the t-zone. It's on the sides on my chin and on the temple-area. I few breakouts began in these spots years ago, so I included them in my routine, but I wonder now if maybe I should leave them alone. One side of my face, which I never touch because it has little problems, is doing fine, whereas the spots I'm treating continue to erupt. Think I should try leaving them alone, even with acne there?

Thanks! I greatly appreciate the help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Wow!! My New Routine Is Working Supperb, Virtually Clear (simple Routine, Look!!) beatboxkid Acne 1 10-06-2006 09:38 AM
my new skin routine is working well good / VIRTUALLY CLEAR NOW/ LOOK!!! beatboxkid Acne 2 06-16-2006 04:08 AM
sunflower oil / dettol soap / my new skin routine, seems to work well beatboxkid Acne 0 05-05-2006 02:13 AM
tcp liquid, dettol soap, e45 lotion, gonna start this routine again, is hassle but... beatboxkid Acne 0 03-16-2006 02:32 AM
What is your AM and PM skincare routine? neko13 Acne 6 12-13-2003 06:03 PM
My routine worked! Sahuja1 Acne 1 10-17-2003 12:53 PM
SHARP PIN TO BUST?? Vinny2256 Acne 1 04-01-2003 02:57 PM
What can I use to get rid of this?? And does my routine sound safe??? qtpie2003 Acne 6 02-25-2003 10:42 AM
check out my daily routine! need HELP! brandNewFace Acne 6 08-08-2001 10:10 PM
When's a good time to bust a zit? Luigi Acne 4 04-25-2001 06:12 PM