It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

anyone else a Picker :( HELP!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #1
ukladybird
(female)

ukladybird HB User
anyone else a Picker :( HELP!

I used to post here a while ago......I had admitted before I have OCD for messing with my face........I have had some acne flares ups in my life...hormonal after kids.....a few stressful times in my life and then late last year OCT I started like getting (what I actually think is referred to as "cystic Acne" but the spots, zits whatever you wanna call them really are like a LUMP....and they hurt and often convinced they will pop, BUT NO.......they often just oooze then I play with it so much Skin then comes off and I have then a SCAB form and thats awful and I hate trying to face the world with a scab or sometimes a few on my face at one time...trying to hide them frustrates me also......often more you try..worse it looks so started trying to do less.....but this process has been going on a while of this picking

I am in the mirror most nights after washing my face feeling for any tiny bump or blackhead and if I find one try to squeeze it..........I am kinda ashamed of myself and I DONT UNDERSTAND what I even get from doing this? nothing as it makes my face look AWFUL and I have scars and im doing it to myself!
for no good reason,,,no good payoff at all

I am 35. I used to have such great skin and find it hard to even think that was me when I look in photos......Im back on proactiv and that stuff made me dry and sore then its settling down but dont feel its a good product but using it up..and Im so tired of trying things Im sure that doesnt help too......

and I still got YET another one of these HUGE zits had it 2 days now on my chin but this time Im trying to break this cycle Im in............

is there anyone else like me, who HAS to do this to themselves

I am really trying hard to stop this......I was tempted today to mess with the ZIT I have thats huge but havnt........I want to just be able to stop this vicious cycle I have started again.....I broke it once..somehow........hope I can do it again

would love to hear from anyone who can relate...lets hope tonight I can leave my face alone.......gonna TRY really HARD!!!!!

Thanks for reading

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
hmj211
(female)

hmj211 HB User
Re: anyone else a Picker :( HELP!

I feel your pain. I'm sorry you're going through this. I myself have had cystic acne for years, cycle back and forth, and am now breaking out...and picking. And making it worse. I've been struggling with all of these for years, and yes, it's out of helpless frustration.

I can help a little. I bring the cysts down by mixing benzoyl peroxide and hydrocortisone cream (over-the-counter) and use Triderma for redness.

Can you see a dermatologist? If you don't want to go on Accutane, try Aldactone or an anti-biotic.

Also, you might want to re-assess whether or not there's anything in the products you use (make-up, sunscreen, face creams) that's breaking you out... "comedogenic ingredients."

Good luck.

Last edited by moderator2; 02-01-2011 at 08:03 PM. Reason: please do not post commercial websites

Closed Thread