It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Mild acne scarring

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-01-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
    Amoshka
    (female)

Amoshka HB User
    Mild acne scarring

So here is the short story I have to share , I have mild acne scars ( about 3 ice picks and scattered box car scars ) , Almost 8 months ago I had fractional laser surgery done on my face , The results were amazing , My acne scars were unnoticeable and my skin tone had improved alot After one month my acne scars came back as bad as they were before the surgery , I have no idea why did that happened , My doctor told me that my scars were ver very very superficial and I only need one session , but here I'm after 8 months and 2 sessions and nothing has changed !! During this period I've tred some medicatin named acnecare and it did fade my scars alot !! actually while I was on it I could barely notice my scars ( except for the discoloration) but I had to stop using it as it dried my skin alot !! Even of everyone around me telling that my scars looks shallow and unnoticeable under makeup I can't live with them anymore !! I cry everyday thinking that I look ugly because of this stinky ugly scars !! I need to know what should I do to remove my acne scars or at least make them unnoticable as the results I had with fractional laser the first time I did it !! My doctor insist that my scars will vanish completely if I try fractional laser with deep fx ( I don't even know what that is ??) but I can't go through this again and fail !! I need to know how to get good results without paying alot of many for a one month of clear skin !! I'm thinking about tamanu oil and derma roller but I'm not sure !!! Please I need help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #2
    nikoaks1
    (female)

nikoaks1 HB User
    Re: Mild acne scarring

Hey, don't feel down on yourself that won't make things better. I've had pretty bad acne for about 15 yrs now (every since age 19)! It really does suck and it's even worse when your skin is doing pretty good BUT you still have all the marks and scars just to remind you of all the bad breakouts. I can tell you a few things that have worked for me that gave good results over the years with acne scars and marks. Microdermabrasion along with a chemical peel. Although, the sessions can get a bit pricey. Also, depending on your skin and scars it could take anywhere from 6-10 sessions. But, atleast it is something to consider that could make a world of difference for you. Good Luck!

Old 09-18-2011, 09:09 AM   #3
    sambko
    (female)

sambko HB User

while in between each session, can you still wear make up? thanks

Old 09-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #4
    nikoaks1
    (female)

nikoaks1 HB User

Oh yeah, definitely! After, these treatments you will be advised to apply some type of sunscreen with moisturizer to protect your skin as it has just been intensely treated. If you have oily skin as I do, you might want to choose a sunscreen/moisturizer that is oil-free. Anyhow, on top of your moisturizer you can absolutely apply your make-up; probably oli-free as well so you don't clog your pores. You may go through some peeling but this is your skin healing and basically renewing itself to a better complexion. After a while and a few treatments you should notice scars and marks fading. Like I said it works for me and I have persistant acne so as some marks fade newer ones appear, but it comes with the territory. So, hope it helps you out some.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #5
    nikoaks1
    (female)

nikoaks1 HB User

Oh yeah, definitely! After, these treatments you will be advised to apply some type of sunscreen with moisturizer to protect your skin as it has just been intensely treated. If you have oily skin as I do, you might want to choose a sunscreen/moisturizer that is oil-free. Anyhow, on top of your moisturizer you can absolutely apply your make-up; probably oli-free as well so you don't clog your pores. You may go through some peeling but this is your skin healing and basically renewing itself to a better complexion. After a while and a few treatments you should notice scars and marks fading. Like I said it works for me and I have persistant acne so as some marks fade newer ones appear, but it comes with the territory. So, hope it helps you out some.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:55 PM   #6
    waterlily
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

waterlily HB User

It's true you don't need to spend a lot of money to get results, but you need patience. Like yourself, I had icepick scars - about 2mm deep. I never did any professional treatments but only used 2 over the counter products - Silkia camellia oil and Epidermx microdermabrasion. They got rid of my pits after a year's faithful use. Those were on the forehead. I have a few pits along my upper lipline and they have not disppeared as amazingly as those on the forehead, but they have smoothed out a lot and I only need a little concealer to cover them.

I have friends that tried all sorts of professional treatments but did not get as good a result as I did. The only problem I had was that it took time to see results. But I also found out that pitted scars need time to heal. The fact that some people going for professional treatments but don't get good results is because they only do a few sessions and therefore, obviously, they can't get the results they desired.

Closed Thread