It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• painful acne and scars

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
    Twisted Metal
    (female)

Twisted Metal HB UserTwisted Metal HB User
    painful acne and scars

ive had acne since i was 12 i am now 24. i have had painful huge cyst type acne on my face, chest, back, shoulders, and bum. my face, chest and bum is covered in acne scars. my mother always told me and my siblings how ugly it was and to pop it leading me to keep popping leading to all the scars. i was often called crater face in high school. i was always very ashamed. not only does it look horrible but it hurts. and right now i have 2 huge ones on my bum and it hurts so bad and i cant sit comfortable. my face has cleared up a lot mostly due i think to me getting older, proactive, and not drinking milk i believe milk makes it worse at least for me. even though my face is clear now, no amount of cover up will hide all the scars. its probly the first thing people notice about me. and my bum looks absolutly horrible.
    i wrote this i guess to make people feel better about their acne. you are not alone. try proactive and try not drinking milk. and dont pop them you might end up with a face, chest, back, shoulders and bum covered in scars for life. and keep your head up!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
    MG098
    (male)

MG098 HB UserMG098 HB User
    Re: painful acne and scars

Good advice. Try not to worry too much is another great thing to keep in mind. The more you think about it, the worst it gets, at least this was the case for me

What are you currently using to control acne other than proactiv?

Old 05-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
    Twisted Metal
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MG098 View Post
    Good advice. Try not to worry too much is another great thing to keep in mind. The more you think about it, the worst it gets, at least this was the case for me

What are you currently using to control acne other than proactiv?

i never took anything to control it besides proactive. i guess it just comes and goes because of stress but the proactive def helps. like i had it very bad when i was 12-16 then when i was 17 18 19 it wasnt that bad. from 20-22 it was awful again. then since 23 (i am not 24) i have had a few little breakouts not to much though. i also wonder if diet has anything to do with it not just milk but a lot of sweet stuff and junk food i dont know. wish i had more advice for everyone. my brother has acne pretty bad as well not as bad as me but much worse then your average person he uses proactive, and he uses accutane as far as i know it helps him but just like me his comes and goes.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
    Dalton683
    (male)

Dalton683 HB User

I had cystic acne as well for a long time, and some scarring to prove it. I was put on minocycline and it cleared up my skin on multiple occasions. Just something to think about!

Old 05-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #5
    Twisted Metal
    (female)

i really wish i could get rid of the scars they are very noticeable on my face probably the first thing people notice about me. my whole face is covered in scars. my butt has lots of scars too. my back and chest have a couple of scars. maybe someday i will do surgery i think thats the only way to get rid of the scars.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #6
    PleaseHelpJD
    (female)

PleaseHelpJD HB User

Hi Twisted Metal,

Have you ever tried Bio-oil? It is amazing for healing scars even on your face. My sister had bad acne and once it cleared up she started using bio-oil every night on spots for 3 months and now they are completely gone. I still have acne so I'm waiting for it to fully clear up before I start doing it, I have a lot of scars to get rid of as well. Good Luck.

Closed Thread