It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Body acne problems: Need suggestions for body wash and moisturizer

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
    aj85
    (male)

aj85 HB User
    Body acne problems: Need suggestions for body wash and moisturizer

Hi. I get acne all over the place (back, chest, shoulders, and other random places) but the place that is really a nightmare for me is my groin/pubic area. My groin area is covered in scars/marks from old acne that was really bad, I really hate the idea of getting more scars there and it's really becoming a problem in my pubic area at the moment. I hate using cream for specific nodules, I just want some kind of wash that I can use regularly that might prevent things. My skin also can get really dry and irritated there, there always feels like something going on beneath the surface as well (vague pains,) so I want a moisturizer for that area as well that won't aggravate my acne. I've been trying to research for different stuff, but it seems every product (except for acne body washes) is for the face. I can't buy stuff online, so I need to rely on what's available at stores, and I can't find oil-free moisturizers for the body.

As far as body washes go, I've tried neutrogena's body wash, and it seemed to help some, but I haven't noticed a huge difference since I stopped using it. I didn't really use it enough on my groin/pubic area to really notice what difference it would make there (I was afraid it was unsafe if it got on my genitals.) Is there something else that might be better?

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2013, 03:26 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Body acne problems: Need suggestions for body wash and moisturizer

You dont want to use any acne medicine on your actual genitals; however in the area around them, using the Neutrogena body wash, is fine. My husband gets the same problem. He wears jeans to work daily, working in construction, and where most guys would get jock itch- he gets heat rash and break outs...he uses is daily (2x a day) and it keeps breakouts under control.

As far as moisturizer goes, you can buy plenty of over the counter moisturizers in the drug store or walmart which are made for the face, oil free, and safe to use in that area. Dont use directly on the genitals- but you can use it in the area around safely.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #3
    aj85
    (male)

aj85 HB User

Thanks for the response. I didn't meant o imply that I intended to put it on my genitals, but rather I was afraid of accidentally getting it on them in the shower.

BTW, what's the best way to apply acne body washes? Wash cloth, loufah, pouf, hands?

Last edited by aj85; 07-20-2013 at 09:27 AM.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #4
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

The best way to apply them is with either your hands or a soft washcloth. Stay away from the loofah or anything abrasive as the product already has a grit to it and you dont want to aggravate a sensitive area...

All those products are safe if they touch your genitals, you just dont want to use them directly on the sensitive part of your anatomy because acne washes do have salacylic acid in them which can burn...

Take care not to irritate the already aggravated skin....use the products to help dry up the pimples- and prevent new ones. My husband has even used Stridex Extra Strength pads in his groin area to clear up acne in the underwear creases of his legs.....he tends to get very dirty and that trapped dirt does cause breakouts along the leg line of his underwear. It hasnt hurt him using the medicine that close- but he does take care not to get it directly on his privates.

Hope that helps.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #5
    aj85
    (male)

aj85 HB User

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Closed Thread