It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• YAZ made my life hell. Anyone have insight on spiro?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-05-2013, 07:54 AM   #1
    tarahowes
    (female)

tarahowes HB User
    YAZ made my life hell. Anyone have insight on spiro?

Hello there,
    Just wondering if anyone has any sort of inspiration to give me. This is my first post for anything...anywhere. I am desperate. I was on YAZ for about 4/5 years. Can't really remember. I decided to go off March 2013. I almost instantly began losing hair. I literally don't have much to begin with. I realize everyone says this, but I'm a very fair skin, blond thin but nice strong hair. Polish background. After the hair loss (still continuing by the way and its now August) around May is when the acne started. WORSE then I have EVER had it before. I'm talking disgusting, huge, cystic acne. The kind people look at you and feel bad for you and you can just TELL they are thinking "oh, poor girl" it's in places I never had acne before. On my neck, back, and chin is the most depressing. Teenage years was mild acne yes. BUT NOTHING COMPARED TO THIS. I'm now 25. I am 5'6 130 lbs. I eat well, exercise somewhat, my job is physically demanding so if I don't exercise I don't cry about it. I'm in the health care industry, so I know exactly what I should and should not do to my body. I do not do drugs, I do not drink alcohol, I do however smoke socially.
    I've been to 3 different doctors and they all think I'm insane and this has nothing to do with hormones. ummmm. are you kidding me? this has everything to do with hormones, and that god forsaken pill that RUINED my life.
    I finally got one of the morons to prescribe spiro, but I'm terrified of the initial breakout. I can't deal with another round of people at work asking what's wrong with my face. I shouldn't have to discuss my entire health history with people I don't really like in the first place.
    I'm sorry I know I sound so negative and pathetic, but it's literally killing me on the inside. If I could, I wouldn't leave my house.
    Please someone, if your story is anything like mine, please share.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH

Last edited by mod85; 08-05-2013 at 09:20 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2013, 11:30 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: YAZ made my life hell. Anyone have insight on spiro?

You finally got someone to prescribe spiro and you are afraid to take it? Your going to have to try it to find out if its going to work....it works for some people and not for others.
    I know how bad cystic acne is...lived with it for years. For me, lasers were the answer. IPL lasers, performed in a doctors office by a dermatologist - 6 treatments in 8 months- and I havent had a serious breakout in three year....just the occasional monthly zit. I blamed my cystic acne on birth control as well. Instead of helping, I never looked worse! I do know how you are feeling and feel badly for you.
    Try the spiro, do you really have anything to lose if it is as bad as you say?
    I hope it works for you...
    N

Closed Thread

Tags
    acne, birth control, depression, spiro, yaz