It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Depressed over acne and scars

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
    axela
    (female)

axela HB User
    Unhappy Depressed over acne and scars

My skin has been terrible and extremely sensitive ever since I hit puberty. I am now a 21 year old (female) and STILL suffer from acne. I went to a dermatologist about it and was prescribed Epiduo, and it was a life saver. However, it was very expensive and I am now reaching the end of the tube. I've been trying to go a few days with, a few days without and my pimples are coming back. I can't stand this. What is behind my bad acne any way? I've took every precaution I can - changing pillowcases often, washing with Dial, switching my make-up to NON-COMEDOGENIC. My main problem is my acne scars and hyperpigmentation. What can I do to rid myself of these terrible scars that make me want to hide my face?? I can't NOT go without make up in public. It's something I'm very insecure about. Now that the acne is making it's way back, I'm afraid it's going to leave more.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #2
    movielover40
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User
    Re: Depressed over acne and scars

There are dozens of different treatments for acne. Sounds like your dermatologist found one that works.

One thing you can do is switch to a mild soap.

Harsh soap, alcohol, are bad for acne.

Best of luck.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:16 AM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

I suggest you talk to a medical spa about peels and/ or lasers. I had the same thing- many hyperpigmentations and scars from old acne. When I had peels done, sometimes my skin would break out for a few days, but because I did a series of 6 of them, I stayed on top of it.....then, I went for it. Laser resurfacing actually removes the top layer of skin and allows the healthy skin underneathe to heal and without marks or scars. Its expensive, Ive done it twice, over a year, but my skin looks ten times healthier and it didnt break me out having it done.
    Nikki

Old 11-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #4
    cheyanne97
    (female)

cheyanne97 HB User

I have these really weird scar looking bumps on the side if my face. it started out as 2 or 3, but within the past few years, they've turned into many many more and went from just the side of my face, to spreading almost to the middle and under my eyebrow on one side and now I've got a bump on the total other side! I'm really self conscious and feel like a troll with these little things. please help!

Last edited by cheyanne97; 11-20-2013 at 07:14 PM.

Old 11-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #5
    rivered
    (male)

rivered HB User

Aloe Vera and Vitamin E,A,collegen cream have been helping with my scars.

Old 11-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #6
    SaltLakeCity
    (female)

SaltLakeCity HB User

Hi, axela. My heart goes out to you because I had acne for 10 years. I spent a lot of money at dermatologists and felt as if I'd tried everything, but my skin kept breaking out almost every single day. Long story short, my husband told me about a woman who transformed her skin by drinking 6 to 8 glasses of water each day. I didn't think it would work because it's "just" water and seemed too simple a solution... But Oh. My. Goodness. After only a few days, my skin did a complete turnaround. My acne is gone.

At no point in time did any dermatologist ever ask me how much water I'd been drinking. I did some research online and found that when your kidneys are overloaded with toxins, your body will expel them through your skin. !!! Maybe drinking 6 to 8 glasses of water won't be a complete solution for everyone, but I am so thankful it worked for me. I'm 30 now and wish someone would have told me to give it a try when I was 21. Now that my increased water intake has stopped my skin from breaking out, I use Proactiv cleanser to help it regenerate and fade the scarring. (Well more specifically, I use a washcloth with plain old soap on it to clean the makeup off my skin, and then I use the Proactiv on the areas where acne marks are fading.) My skin looks great already and I've only been doing this for a few weeks.

I really hope it works for you! :-)

Closed Thread

Tags
    acne, acne scars, skin problems