It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Please help me, I am scared and need answers.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-21-2014, 09:53 PM   #1
    Aj7970
    (male)

Aj7970 HB User
    Please help me, I am scared and need answers.

Hello, I know there is not a category for this but I am really looking for help. I don't want to see a doctor, scared. So for starters I am 15 years old. I started getting acne a little over 3 years ago. It started on only my face and spread to my back, shoulders and chest. I hate it. It ruined my life. I have no confidence and don't want to attend to any public outings. Don't even like going to the store. But in the past 2-3 months I have been getting these bumps on my back and chest. They are not acne I don't think. They have no puss. Don't hurt. They are not red and do not go away. They look like scars. But bumps. Some are small and some are bigger. Not huge. I have a fairly good amount of them. I will admit. I do pick at my acne. :/ Is this just scars? Or should I be concerned. I am so worried that I have cancer or something. I think about it and it stresses me out to the point I almost black out. I'm scared, please help. I'd just like to figure out what these bumps are.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2014, 03:54 PM   #2
    ScreamingMeeMee
    (female)

ScreamingMeeMee HB User
    Re: Please help me, I am scared and need answers.

What youre describing could be cystic acne, the lumps under the skin. You really should go to the dermatologist. They have some pretty good treatments and can properly diagnose the lumps.. and treat it all. There are all kinds of "acne" and reasons for it. If you can, get your parent(s) to get you to a dermatologist asap.
    I really wish you werent so self conscious and didnt feel so bad about it. I understand why, but its just sad to hear youre going through this. My oldest daughter had a rough time with acne and other kids are just too rotten sometimes. Her dermatologist helped her out with a regimen of skin care, rx body wash for her body acne, and topical antibiotics along with pills. She didnt have to stay on the pills, but she does have to keep up her beauty regimen. It was never what you would call "perfect" but it did help tremendously and her self esteem was much much better.

Hang in there kiddo.. and much luck to you! Check out the acne board here and remember : just because someone else has a horror story or something didnt work for them, it doesnt mean it wont work for you. We are all different.. and not one of us is perfect!

Old 01-25-2014, 06:07 AM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Please help me, I am scared and need answers.

This is not cancer. Relax, if you can. It could be cystic acne but more than likely its not. If you had only a few and they were large in size which filled up but were hard (with no head on them and no puss in them) Id say cystic acne- but what you are describing DOES sound like scarring OR possibly another skin disorder which is keratosis, where the oil glands are blocked, but not with puss. A simple cream on them can help. But, the cream is prescription and you definatley need to go to the dermatologist to get it looked out.

I wish you werent so down on yourself. SO many things the doctor can give you which will help your skin and give you back your confidence. You say you dont want to talk to your parents, but put yourself in their shoes...if you were a parent and your kid was suffering wouldnt you both want to know and help them? The only way at your age to get help is to go to a doctor and get a prescription. Im not sure what you are afraid of. Dermatologists see this 100 times a day and are experts at helping you find out what works best to clear it up. Its a normal hormonal thing which many of us have gone through...

Please talk to your parents and see a doctor!

Closed Thread