It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• acne on forehead

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-02-2014, 10:38 AM   #1
    novakd8
    (male)

novakd8 HB User
    acne on forehead

just started minocycline and differin, my inflammation is going down already. Anyone else try these together? Did it work and how long to see results?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2014, 03:51 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: acne on forehead

Novakd,
    I was on the combination of Differin and Minocycline for months. As soon as I stopped taking the minicycline, my acne returned. I have basically been on every drug combination known to the dermatology board over the past 20 years. For me, it took laser skin reconditioning to actually shrink my sebaeous glands and stop the acne.
    I think you should find that if it started working this fast for you and continues to help, youll be one of the lucky ones who this combo works for! Congrats. And I hope you remain inflammation and break out free!

Old 02-03-2014, 08:59 PM   #3
    novakd8
    (male)

novakd8 HB User

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about the laser treatment.. How much do you think it costs without insurance covering it?

Old 02-03-2014, 09:02 PM   #4
    novakd8
    (male)

novakd8 HB User

I was thinking about the laser. How much without insurance covering it?

Old 02-04-2014, 10:34 AM   #5
    novakd8
    (male)

novakd8 HB User

Thx Michael. How severe was your acne? How long did it take to clear your face??

Old 02-05-2014, 07:45 PM   #6
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Novakd8,
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I was out of town on work. Laser surgery is NEVER covered by insurance, its considered cosmetic surgery and should ONLY be done by a doctor. Usually a medical spa is where licensed laser surgeons are found. You dont want just anyone using a laser on your face! The prices are high.
    I paid about 2400$ over the course of 5 treatments. And, a year later, I went back and had one more 'touch up" for about 400$. It was the best money I ever spent. I had probably spent 5000$ in copays for prescriptions which didnt work, blood tests while on Accutane, all sorts of over the counter "miracle acne cures" over the years".
    Well worth it...

Closed Thread