It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Cystic acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-11-2014, 09:25 PM   #1
    suzyshop1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

suzyshop1 HB User
    Cystic acne

What worked for you? I'm 57 and still getting acne, I don't get them as much anymore, but boy when I do, they hurt.Ive been on retin a micro for bout 4 yrs. For awhile it did a good job keeping them away, then little by little,they'd pop up here and there. They never come in bunches, just one at a time. Seems like they start off really tiny, almost can't see them, then swell, get sore, boy do they get sore.I guess what's worse, is you cant really cover them up with make up. You think in your late 50s,your face would stop acting like a teenagers.Stupid thing swells up,the swelling goes down, and u get left with a lump for wks.Not only that, I'm starting too get fine line wrinkles, wow acne and wrinkles, lucky me.Im cant face going out a lot of times,and when I get one,I have too put small band aid on, don't know what's worse looking,big angry red bump, or band aid. It's really embarrassing at this stage of my life, too still have this problem. I'm hoping someday too out grow it.My family thinks it no big deal, but they have great skin, wonder why sometimes it had too be me, out of us three kids. I guess what's really strange is my parents had good skin,can't figure out why I don't Well thanks for listening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2014, 03:05 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Cystic acne

After 25 years with cystic acne and every single topic medication on the shelf and all the antibiotics and even using accutane. I gave up. Then, a friend told me about IPL lasering. I found a medical spa in Philadelphia, where the doctor is a board certified dermatologist and also specializes in lasers. She has 20 of them in her office which do everything from removing hair and tattoos, to removing layers of skin
    By using the IPL laser, it actually shrinks the oil glands under the skin, and in doing so, it stopped the cysts from forming. It was painful, about a weekend of down time and a series of 5 lasers, six weeks apart, but it worked. As a sales rep, Im in the public eye all the time; however Id get my appointments on Friday afternoon and by Monday, I had some redness and peeling, but nothing more than what appeared to be a light sunburn. My skin cleared up substantially.

Its been 5 years since then. I have had only ONE cyst in all that time.
    Hope this helps.

Closed Thread