It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Acne mark/scar

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-15-2014, 06:22 PM   #1
    lucasb
    (male)

lucasb HB User
    Acne mark/scar

About 4-6 weeks ago I noticed a black head on my forehead. Usually I would leave it but for some reason I tried forcing it out although it wasn't ready to come out. I used my nail and kept on applying pressure which caused it to bleed. The next day it looked to be bruised as it was a blackish/purple colour. It then turned into an open red cut. The mark left behind was a red centre surrounded by brown. As time went by the brown has faded back to normal skin colour but what is left behind is a red mark. I hate having blemished on my skin so I am wondering how to remove this acne mark. The reason this is titled "acne mark/scar" is because as I feel the texture of my skin in that spot I can feel a tiny indentation but the indentation isn't noticeable unless you stretch the skin and run your finger across. I am wondering if this red mark can be removed because it is making me feel very insecure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2014, 02:51 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Acne mark/scar

Lucasb,
    For now, leave it alone. You scarred the skin underneathe, and because it is so new, youre seeing the results ....also because it is still so new, you have a very good chance of this fading over the next few months and returning to new skin.
    Next time, no picking. Picking on your skin always leaves behind a mark.

In the meantime, you can use an acne lotion with salacylic acid (over the counter) to help it heal quicker. You could use a cover up makeup with salacylic acid as well during the day if its really discolored. Men and women use these products because they reduce the red, making it less obvious- Neutrogena makes a good one.

Hope this helps.
    MSNik

Closed Thread