It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• My acne story

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-26-2015, 07:08 PM   #1
    Lacey14
    (female)

Lacey14 HB User
    My acne story

Hi guys,
    As you can probably tell by the title this is my acne story I'm writing this to help others and myself battle the horrible fight of acne. I am 14 I started getting acne when I was just 10 years old it wasn't so bad then but when I was in 12 was when it started to get bad I had very harsh acne I was the girl you would see at the grocery store and all you could see was the acne it was so bad you couldn't even see the actual shape of my face it was replaced with big red bumps when I started getting called names was when I decided it was time to go to the dermentologist I don't really know why I never went sooner but I really wish I had bc maybe it wouldn't have ever gotten that bad. Now Its not like I was the girl with acne and no friends bc I totally wasn't I had plenty of friends and none of them cared what I looked like and even boys liked me and I just never understood why someone with that much acne could be liked by that many people but i just guess I'm lucky anyways I went through tons and tons of treatments and none of it seemed to be working until almost a year my dermentologist prescribed me with velten and its really helped me with my acne and made a huge difference in my skin but then there was a bigger problem, once I got my acne under control I was left with dark spots and holes in my face (acne scars) I did some research and found out that it's really hard to get rid of them by this point i was pretty much done with the whole acne thing it wasnt for a few months until I realized it will never go away unless I keep on fighting to clear my skin and thats exactly what I did but then just 4 months ago I got my period and it compleatly changed my acne I want from having a break out once or twice a month to having them once a day except now I know how to treat it and I'm going to the dermentologist and I know it will get better I just have to give it time but I will not have this horrible acne through highschool and through college and my advice to you fellow acne strugglers is to keep fighting and go see a dermentologist and do what you have to do to get rid of it bc nobody should have to deal with acne and remember that there are so many other worse things that could happen to you

Last edited by Lacey14; 02-26-2015 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Spelling errors

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2015, 07:00 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: My acne story

Hi Lacey.
    Thank you for posting what you did. I am sure your post will help other acne sufferers, especially those in your age group.
    For most women, acne is hormonal and its at its worst at your age group; however for some of us, we suffer with acne into our 40s and beyond!
    Seeing a dermatologist is the smartest thing you can do for yourself.....your body will go through many changes over the next ten years and your acne will also change. Its new, this period thing- and because of it, your body is responding to the changes...once this isnt new any more (in about a year) youll go through yet other changes...keep seeing the dermatologist, even if its once a year so that you have someone to count on who has seen you through the different changes! She or he will keep your acne in check.
    Congratulations for being so strong!!!

Closed Thread