It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) Message Board

Constant feeling of lung blockage

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2015, 11:54 PM   #1
Meridae
(female)

Meridae HB User
Constant feeling of lung blockage

First off, I want to say that I am not a smoker nor am I on any sort of medication that would interfere with my throat. I am a 19 year old female in generally good health, but when I get sick, I get sick!

It all started over last Thanksgiving, where I battled off (yet another) case of strep throat. After that cleared up, I began to notice a blob of something stuck in my throat (please note that at this time, there is a difference between throat and breathing passages/airway). It caused incredible amounts of tickling in my throat to the point where half of my day was spent in horrible coughing fits due to irritation. This was there for about a month, progressively getting worse, until one night I managed to swallow it down. I actually felt this thing detach and go down my throat. There was instant relief but because my whole throat was so sore from the coughing, it took quite some time to heal completely. Fast forward to March, when out of the blue another blockage appeared, this time in my airway. It would come and go, but the past few weeks it's become a permanent fixture. No amount of coughing or hacking or swallowing brings it up because it feels as though it's in the passage to my right lung. I especially feel it on the exhale, where it vibrates slightly. I have take some robotussin (sp?) and that helped perhaps two of the five times I've taken it. The sensation always comes right back. While it's not inhibiting my breathing whatsoever, I can constantly feel it in my airway and I'm on my last nerve- I don't believe it's allergies, either. I'm going to see a doctor as soon as possible but does anyone have any idea what this could be? There is literally something in my airway and I want it out!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply