It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) Message Board

Breathing problems 2-3 months

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-01-2015, 01:12 PM   #1
Aaron112
(male)

Aaron112 HB User
Breathing problems 2-3 months

Hi I'm 22 male from the UK which is 6ft 2 and fairly muscley, I weight around 12.7-13 stone depending on how much im eating/ how much exercise i'm doing. For about 3 months now I've had a problem breathing, it like I have a tight chest and when I breath in sometimes it feels like I don't get a full breath, when I'm not concentrating on my breath I tend to have to take one big breath every now and then as though Im trying to catch my breath. I have good days where I hardly have any problems and I have some days where I spend the whole day with the symptoms.

At the time that it first started, I was doing gym around 4-5 times a week this was mainly just weight work for around 30-40 mins in the morning. I was also doing kickboxing for about 6 hours a week which is pretty heavy cardio and body weight training. The time I first started finding it hard to breath was during a kickboxing grading which is pretty horrendous 2-3 hours, I was pretty fit at the time but I was struggling to get my breath back between sets, sometimes we'd have 3-5 mins to get our breath back so it should have been fairly easy for me to get it back.

Since then I've slowly had to do less and less as I've felt more and more run down and tired. I do have some chest pains, mainly the lower chest and the left side of my ribs, whenever I start doing any cardio I get out of breath straight away and if I try to power through it I just end up getting dizzy and find it hard to think and function.

I have had a full blood work in which everything came back perfect, they gave me an inhaler which didn't seem to do anything, I've also had an ECG which came back fine, I've just finished a 5 day heart monitor on and I'll get the results back on wednesday but I honestly don't think its anything to do with my heart. The doctor listened to my heart and was checking my pulse at the same time and he thought he heard a slight blip in my heart beat but he said a lot of people have that and it's not really an issue usually. I've also had a chest scan which came back fine as well as a lung capacity thing to rule out asthma

The doctor doesn't really know what it is and is just doing tests to try and eliminate things, one thing to mention is that before all this started I've always had trouble with my stomach and I had gluten and diary tests and both came back negative but I decided to cut out gluten and my stomach problems have been a lot better I have a few off days now and then but I do eat gluten on the odd occasion.

Does anyone have any insight into what this could be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply