It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) Message Board

Breathing problems

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2016, 11:37 AM   #1
Codyk123
(male)

Codyk123 HB User
Breathing problems

First off, I was diagnosed with Asthma when I was 12. I went on medication and used an inhaler and my problems went away. Now I am 25 and I am having horrible breathing problems. I'm having multiple asthma attacks everyday and waking up every night needing to use my inhaler. The weird thing about this is whenever I travel to somewhere new, my symptoms go away completely. I traveled from Chicago to Ohio, and for the week I was in Ohio I didn't have any breathing problems. I traveled from Chicago to Colorado and the same thing happened, breathing was totally fine. I recently moved from Chicago to Colorado and after a few weeks my breathing problems have come right back. I went back home to visit family in Chicago and ended up getting a really bad head cold (stuffy/runny nose and coughing phlegm up non stop) while I was there. Upon returning back to Colorado my head cold began to subside, and my breathing was the best its been in years. I felt like I got all the mucus out of my nose and lungs due me blowing my nose and coughing up phlegm all day long from being sick. However once my sickness went away completely I have gotten right back to wheezing all the time. I am constantly swallowing mucus from my nose now because it won't come out of my nose. Once I started swallowing this mucus is when I feel like my asthma symptoms have come back. Anyone know why my breathing would be temporary better when I visit new places? Could my breathing problems be just from all this mucus build up and not asthma at all?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply