It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• Adult diagnosis in UK?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-27-2015, 05:51 PM   #1
    Wolfget
    (male)

Wolfget HB User
    Adult diagnosis in UK?

Hey

Throughout the entirety of my life I've shown symptoms of ADHD, but none of my schools would direct me into the line of getting tested.

I attempted a few years ago and was actually given a blood test to see if I was just eating sugary foods (which I thought was ridiculous).

That was a while ago now, and I'm just curious if anyone here has gone through an adult ADHD examination in the UK? did it cost? what is the test like? etc.

Any advice would be awesome.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2016, 11:16 PM   #2
    Stj2986
    (male)

Stj2986 HB User
    Re: Adult diagnosis in UK?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wolfget View Post
    Hey

Throughout the entirety of my life I've shown symptoms of ADHD, but none of my schools would direct me into the line of getting tested.

I attempted a few years ago and was actually given a blood test to see if I was just eating sugary foods (which I thought was ridiculous).

That was a while ago now, and I'm just curious if anyone here has gone through an adult ADHD examination in the UK? did it cost? what is the test like? etc.

Any advice would be awesome.
    Had adhd all my life diagnosed properly in 98 Ritalin helped. Having trouble at work with procrastinating with paperwork and organisation (I'm a parts manager at a busy car dealership) if I get excited I forget important jobs. Asked doctor for Ritalin again. Doctor said no and offers councelling (no good for me). No help at all really

Old 01-02-2016, 04:55 PM   #3
    Mollym00
    (female)

Mollym00 HB User
    Re: Adult diagnosis in UK?

Hi wolf,

You should certainly be offered an assessment via the nhs rather than having to pay privately.

Could you keep a diary for a month and present it to your gp along with your main concern?

Just a thought as when I go to doctors my mind goes blank and that's not helpful with a ten minute appointment!

Good luck and please keep us updated :-)

Last edited by moderator2; 01-02-2016 at 05:00 PM.

Reply Reply