It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• Adderall and Insomnia

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-03-2017, 08:13 AM   #1
    Lethargic Lady
    (female)

Lethargic Lady HB User
    Adderall and Insomnia

If regular release Adderall is only supposed to work for 4 to 6 hours then why would it give me insomnia? It seems to me that it builds up in your system since the insomnia gets worse the longer I stick with it. I'm down to 10mg a day and even if I only take it first thing in the morning I can still only sleep five hours at best. And it is not a deep sleep. I wake up multiple times during the night. I've had insomnia before but nothing like this. Taking Lunesta sleep-aid helps me fall asleep but it certainly doesn't keep me asleep. I also take Lamictal for depression at bedtime but that should help me sleep if anything. So I guess my question is whether anyone else thinks the six hour expiration is bull? Seems like most people have the opposite issue with it not lasting long enough. Also, if I switch to a different ADHD med am I going to have the same problem. They're all pretty similar aren't they?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2017, 05:51 PM   #2
    Loux
    (male)

Loux HB User
    Re: Adderall and Insomnia

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lethargic Lady View Post
    If regular release Adderall is only supposed to work for 4 to 6 hours then why would it give me insomnia? It seems to me that it builds up in your system since the insomnia gets worse the longer I stick with it. I'm down to 10mg a day and even if I only take it first thing in the morning I can still only sleep five hours at best. And it is not a deep sleep. I wake up multiple times during the night. I've had insomnia before but nothing like this. Taking Lunesta sleep-aid helps me fall asleep but it certainly doesn't keep me asleep. I also take Lamictal for depression at bedtime but that should help me sleep if anything. So I guess my question is whether anyone else thinks the six hour expiration is bull? Seems like most people have the opposite issue with it not lasting long enough. Also, if I switch to a different ADHD med am I going to have the same problem. They're all pretty similar aren't they?

Old 01-05-2017, 05:58 PM   #3
    Loux
    (male)

Loux HB User
    Re: Adderall and Insomnia

It would be wise for you to try different ones; exp. tells me that body chemistry differs so Adderral may not be a fit. Keep in mind a that although stim. work in 20 min, it takes a mo. or two to build a "relationship" with the med. I speak from lived exp.

Reply Reply

Tags
    adderall, adhd, insomnia, sleep