It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

Do I have any mental disorder? Should I worry?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2017, 12:08 PM   #1
MXAlpha
(male)

MXAlpha HB User
Question Do I have any mental disorder? Should I worry?

Hello
First and foremost I have been diagnosed with ADHD (since I was 21) and I started these last 3 months taking medication Concetra Extended Tablets Release. I take 2 18 mg each morning
  • I am 29 years old undergraduate student, 89kgs, 174cm height and have some excessive weight but not much and I don't have a good diet.
  • I have an OK social life, I have some friends to go out with, no spouse, I have met in my life countless persons and I have no trouble talking to them when I meet them on the road but I am never going to next step of going out for a coffee or hanging out in my free time. I say OK cause I could better, but I am not so into it or not so interested, I prefer to be alone most of the time.
  • I don't exercise at all nor walk, I may be walking 30 mins a day for going from class to class, going to the kitchen, stuff like these and I have a motorcycle covering long distances

I mentioned the above because I worry about some symptoms I have noticed these last months and have made me extremely worry, it might be my imagination but an opinion wouldn't hurt

My symptoms
  • I am always thinking about something. No matter what I do, no matter if I drive, or play a video game or being out with friends and I am always thinking about something. It might be a movie I may have seen some weeks ago, or magazine I have read, a software program, a video game, a person, my life, what I have done to my life or imagining myself being part of a story I have seen a movie. Lots of countless thoughts but I cannot stop thinking about them and of course these thoughts have hindered my concentration, cause me feel tired sometimes and I can never achieve having a clear mind
  • Low or no concentration at whatever task I do, the most important I cannot study and that happens for the above reason
  • Forgetfulness. For example today: I had to go to the library I had to take with me: my laptop, laptop's charger, laptop's mouse, Notes from lesson A, notes from lesson B, Book from lesson A, book from lesson B, student pass for restaurant, keys for house, keys for motorcycle, wallet, mobile phone.
    I forgot to take with me: laptop's charger, laptop's mouse, notes from lesson A, student pass for restaurant. Please note that everything was right in front of me and I just had to get them inside the backpack.
  • No present interest in physical activities but someday I might find the interest (procrastination) . In more details: I always thinking tomorrow I may start the gym or start running but tomorrow never comes for these certain activities
  • No motive for sex. Sure when I see a hot girl, I will see at her hot stuff but I am not interested in meeting a girl and have a chat with one, I am just the observer type also there more ways to have sex, such as hookers and brothels but I am not interested in them as well. I masturbate 2-3 times per week.
  • Sometimes I feel very alone and helpless, and sad and that happens even if the day before I had a great time out with friends and the next day I feel like I haven't seen anyone or talked for a decade.
  • I have some trouble falling asleep, I never sleep 8 hours straight, usually I awake at 8 am but I fall asleep around 1 am or 2 am, I don't get sleepy before that time and it only get sleepy if I had a very tiring day
  • I have very low confidence, I always think of failing at something
  • I have lost interest in hobbies I liked all my life such as: video games and movies. I say to myself video games and movies are so unproductive, I don't gain anything from them and I had enough (Yes it's true I had enough, maybe that's why I have lost interest but I still mention it)
  • Also when I begin my studies, after reading for 10 minutes, I start doing other things, like checking something on the internet (unrelated to what I study), random stuff and then I continue my studies, then pause and begin again etc.

The above symptoms happen EXCESSIVLY the last 8 months [before starting taking medication for ADHD] and I really have started worrying about them

My doctor said it's ADHD and you have to find a way about your concentration and what helps you. Not so helpful

Do I suffer from anything mental? Should I worry?

Last edited by MXAlpha; 01-16-2017 at 12:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply