It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

ADHD messed up my life ... (advice is appreciated)

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2017, 05:38 AM   #1
Mahayo
(female)

Mahayo HB User
Lightbulb ADHD messed up my life ... (advice is appreciated)

hello
so.. I have been diagnosed with ADHD around a year ago.. I am now twenty but ever since I was very young I knew something was wrong with me.

ADHD affects many different things in my life but what depresses me most of all is how it affects my relationships.. I have never been close to anyone..

and I have never been able to be who I want to be, I can't express my feelings at all.. sometimes I laugh at inappropriate times..

I lack empathy.. I am self absorbed.. I have noticed that I don't think about others at all, even though I pretend to... I have had a friend from 2 years, she met another friend and in two weeks became closer than I have ever been from her.. but I myself had never even had a best friend all my life..

another thing I noticed is that my sense of self is distorted.. I don't see myself as part of the world, I don't have a dominant personality.. when I stay with a friend for a while, I find myself imitating her voice tone and way of talking unconsciously... (could I have yet another disorder XO)..

from time to time I start feeling very mental that I don't even talk to anyone, I feel that I am worthless at times..

I am not very hyperactive but my way of walking and moving is really awkward..I move body parts unnecessarily.. my bro also has ADHD and he moves a lot when he walks as well..

what bothers me most is my excessive self-centered-ness.. I really want to care about others..

if anyone have experience with ADHD please share with me..
I am in desperate need of help.. I don't want to remain alone and mental all my life..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2017, 10:14 AM   #2
Snoopy61
Senior Veteran
(female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User
Re: ADHD messed up my life ... (advice is appreciated)

ADHD would not cause everything you are explaining. Please seek the help of a Psychiatrist and/or Psychotherapist.

Old 04-11-2017, 12:24 PM   #3
VicLF
(female)

VicLF HB User
Re: ADHD messed up my life ... (advice is appreciated)

As a parent of an ADHD child who is a girl (not sure of your gender), I just want to tell you that you are not alone. A lot of what you describe, I can see in my daughter. She has a hard time maintaining friendships and is very self-centered. She also says very hurtful things when she gets upset with people and get upset for very minor things. Although she feels bad about it later, she can't seem to control her emotions at the time. She also has awkward movements and mannerisms, such as writing around on the floor or having to sit with her knees up. We were at a school program for my younger daughter the other day, and my ADHD kid was laying on the floor by our feet the whole time, chewing on her hair. There were many siblings of program kids in the room and my daughter was the only one not sitting in a chair or on their parent's lap. And this isn't unusual for us.

Please don't beat yourself up. You are worthy and many of these things are not things that you can control, although maybe therapy would be a good thing to try. You can be proud of yourself for noticing these things about yourself and being aware of them. Many people don't do that, so bravo to you. You are still very young, so if possible, communicate with your parents or other family members so they can help. You can also talk to your doctor or whomever diagnosed you.

Best wishes to you.

Reply Reply