It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• Provigil and Adult A.D.D.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-23-2004, 10:10 PM   #16
    Patay56

Patay56 HB User
    Re: Provigil and Adult A.D.D.

Hey guys,
    I would be driving somewhere and all of a sudden realize I was going totally in the wrong direction. I could feel myself being zoned out while driving. I was watching the road but spaced out somewhere. Sometimes I would have to pull over and go to sleep for a good hour. I was Lazy, tired and totally unmotivated. WHen I did try to do something, I swore I must be getting Alzheimers because I could not remember what I was suppose to be doing. Anyway, after many tests, results showed nothing out of the norm. My doc decided to try me on Ritalin. It helped so much with the focus stuff. However, the tiredness was still there. I then tried adderall but that didnt seem to help as much. I am now taking dexidrine which is helping but I still cant get the sleep thing fixed. If I force myself to get up and get dressed and leave the house in the morning after my kids go to school, I am good all day. But if I sit and have breakfast, read the paper, talk on the phone or go on the computer, I start to feel an incredible tiredness and end up giving in and going to sleep for a couple of hours. I start work at 1 pm and once I am there I am ok. I just get so frustrated because I get nothing done and sleep my time away. I have just tried taking Provigil which is perscribed for Narcolepsy in addition to the dexidrine but it doesnt seem to help. Don't you wonder how people ever functioned before we had all these drugs to try to help us function normally?
    pattibuckle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2005, 07:06 AM   #17
    cindyyllu
    (female)

cindyyllu HB User

hi! i have sleep apnea. can't use the machine because i take it off while sleeping. use ambien but u can only use that for a few days.......so tired, so depressed, been "daydreaming" for a long time. tried to get provigil a couple of weeks ago and the family dr said i had to ask the sleep dr. short of funds for dr right now and not sure if my sleep dr would be willing to experiment with any thiing.... more depressed now and tired....opinions???
    right now caffienne is my "stimulant of choice", ie vivarin excederin etc,,,doesn't work well anymore

Old 11-17-2005, 01:40 PM   #18
    renee46
    (female)

renee46 HB User

Mine is covered by my insurance, thank GOD!

It is only a $25 copay. I think the dr. put I have "Excessive Daytime Sleepiness" so it was covered by my insurance (blue cross blue shield)

Old 11-26-2005, 06:12 PM   #19
    Amosquito

Amosquito HB User

I have sleep apnea too, and though I use my CPAP every night, I still feel half asleep about till 2:00 in the afternoon. The only productive time is after dinner! IF, I'm not tired out from functioning "while tired".

I've thought about Provigil, but I also have generalized anxiety and depression and take Prozac 20 mg in the a.m. I'm wondering if something like Provigil would increase the feelings of anxiety? Oh, I also can't hold two thoughts together or remember things. No concentration. It actually hurts my head to think hard and try to concentrate and learn new things. I leave magazines open all over the house, as I space out and "move on". I have huge trouble finishing tasks.

What do you think?

Old 11-26-2005, 06:32 PM   #20
    Amosquito

Amosquito HB User

I have been on CPAP for over 7 years. I, too, don't have the apeas anymore, and am STILL a zombie with a morning headache and hangover feeling EVERY morning. Functioning in the a.m. makes me feel 100% worse, as in more headaches, achy and worn out feeling. I schedule everything in the afternoon, and to ME that is early in the day. I start to come alive in the evening, but I force myself to keep to a normal sleep schedule. Though, some would say it's not normal, as I need at least 10 hours! My most sound and dream filled sleep is from about 4-7:00 a.m. I ALWAYS wake up during a very vivid dream. Every day!

I have anxiety and don't intake any caffeine in the last 20 years, so I 'm really afraid any of these medicines would send me to the ceiling or make my hair stand on end.

I DEFINITELK fit the inattentive portion of ADD.

Any thoughts?

Closed Thread