It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• Focalin

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-18-2004, 11:35 AM   #1
    Wondering25

Wondering25 HB User
    Focalin

Hi all, I am currently going to begin taking Focalin for the sexual side effect of prozac, it is supposed to help with it according to my doctor.
    I do however have ADD and am currently on Adderall 30mg a day, and the nurse said that I might like it for my ADD better than Adderall as it has less side effects.
    I am interested in hearing about people's experiences with it. Especially if anyone has been on Adderall then switched to this. Really anyone's experiences with this medicine at all would be great. I would love it so much if it worked for my ADD as well as the sexual side effects of the prozac. A girl can dream right. LOL! I would greatly appreciate any experiences with this. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2005, 09:22 PM   #2
    moonangel517
    (female)

moonangel517 HB User
    Re: Focalin

Just a note, that may or may not help...My children are on Focalin and it works wonderful for their ADHD. Like everyone says...every medication works different on different people. Try it out and see what you think. Both my children have been on pretty much everything that is out there for ADHD and none of them really worked or made the ADHD worse, but Focalin has worked for them.

Old 04-01-2005, 03:43 AM   #3
    Raes*Mom
    (female)

Raes*Mom HB User

My daughter now takes Focalin after nearly 4 years on Adderall. We began looking for something different as the Adderall had removed all of her personality and I think she was on her way to depression which I understand Adderall can cause. I can't really tell she's taking anything with Focalin other than she is able to stay more focused. No side-effects whatsoever. Also, she is able to take a much lower dose. But as the other poster commented, these medications effect everyone differently.

Old 04-02-2005, 03:48 PM   #4
    river525
    (female)

river525 HB User

I absolutely hated Focalin. I had run out of my Adderall and my psychiatrist suggested I try Focalin and I did and all it did for me was make my heart race and made me feel horrible for the day I took it. If I remember right it is a form of Ritalin which also was horrible for me. I am now happily back on Adderall (10-20mg a day) and back to happy self.

Everyone reacts different so it is definitely what works best for YOU. Good luck and hopefully you won't have the reaction I did with Focalin.

Closed Thread