It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• Wellbutrin & ADD

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-31-2005, 11:12 AM   #1
    tgoulart4
    (female)

tgoulart4 HB User
    Question Wellbutrin & ADD

I was diagnoised w/ ADD & was given Wellbutrin. Its an anti-depressent but I amnot depressed. Has anyone taken this for ADD? Any thoughts? Please share any info if you were or on wllbutrin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2005, 02:56 PM   #2
    Vintage Wine
    (female)

Vintage Wine HB User
    Re: Wellbutrin & ADD

Yes, Wellbutrin is often given to treat ADD. Lots of ADD sufferers also suffer from depression (from years of not being able to focus!) and so depression is commonly a secondary symptoms of ADD.

Let us all know how you do on it!

Old 01-31-2005, 04:58 PM   #3
    PomPom

PomPom HB User

My son takes Wellbutrin but we saw a great, great, improvement when his doctor added Concerta.

Old 01-31-2005, 05:21 PM   #4
    tgoulart4
    (female)

tgoulart4 HB User

I don't suffer from depression. I want to take concerta. I here postivie things about it. I'm gonna ask my doctor when i go back in 4 weeks

Old 02-04-2005, 12:20 AM   #5
    brainf0g

brainf0g HB User

Yeah Wellbutrin and a small dose of a stimulant works great for inattentive/ limbic ADD.

Old 02-04-2005, 01:06 PM   #6
    lilac57
    (female)

lilac57 HB User

I was on Wellbutrin for depression, but chose it specifically for it's positive effects on ADD. For some people it may not be enough. It hasn't been for me, but then I have other issues with Wellbutrin such as added anxiety, which only makes my foucs that much worse. so I really broke even I guess....LOL. I am off of it now, going to see the p-doc on Saturday and hoping to start Paxil and then eventually Strattera. HTH

Old 02-09-2005, 05:17 PM   #7
    GorgeouslyJealo
    (female)

GorgeouslyJealo HB User

I'm on Wellbutrin and it helped me until she raised the dose passed 200...then I just started suffering from side effects...like big time....tremors and twitches in my eyes....so be careful on it....and don't drink on it. My doc is about to put me on Adderal...I'm kinda nervous about it....but if she thinks it will help.

Old 02-10-2005, 09:10 PM   #8
    Jennita
    Inactive
    (female)

Jennita HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tgoulart4
    I was diagnoised w/ ADD & was given Wellbutrin. Its an anti-depressent but I amnot depressed. Has anyone taken this for ADD? Any thoughts? Please share any info if you were or on wllbutrin.
    Wellbutrin is a norepinephrine re-uptake inhibitor. Norepinphrine is basically adrenaline; in the same family. Now, interestly enough the neurotransmitter that is associated with ADD is dopamine, which is an intermediate to....adrenaline.

Strattera is also a norepinphrine reuptake inhibitor. Adrenaline stimulation can be a good/bad thing; I'm guessing this is also pretty hard on the adrenal glands and cardiovascular system.

Adrenaline is also the top suspect in many panic/anxiety attacks.

Old 02-11-2005, 09:31 PM   #9
    river525
    (female)

river525 HB User

I take Wellbutrin and Adderall. Both have helped my depression & ADD tremendously!!! Not to mention helped me quit smoking!! I have never felt better about life. The fog has lifted, I'm enjoying life again, and look forward to each and every day now.

It took a few months to find the right dosage of Wellbutrin. I found that less is better for me so I take 100mg every morning and 10mg of Adderall in the morning and depending on the day I sometimes take an additional Wellbutrin in the afternoon.

Closed Thread