It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• Straterra Causing Aggression?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-22-2005, 08:06 AM   #1
    momsbrandi
    (female)

momsbrandi HB User
    Straterra Causing Aggression?

My daughter has been on Straterra for about a month now. Slowly increased her dosage up to what is now 40mg. Tiredness and stomach aches were the only side effect at first. Her teacher just called me to let me know that she is being smart-ellic to her. She said that my daughter was smart-ellic last week too. Can this be the Straterra? What is going on? Can Straterra cause agression and irritation in a person? I thought it was non stimulating? Please Reply if you can.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2005, 08:32 AM   #2
    Redhead23
    Senior Veteran

Redhead23 HB User
    Re: Straterra Causing Aggression?

Yes it seems to be one side effect that some experience. I'd be careful though because it can also indicate possible bipolar if Strattera is causing increased aggression.

Inhibited Perfectionist

Old 02-22-2005, 10:05 AM   #3
    Jennita
    Inactive
    (female)

Jennita HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by momsbrandi
    My daughter has been on Straterra for about a month now. Slowly increased her dosage up to what is now 40mg. Tiredness and stomach aches were the only side effect at first. Her teacher just called me to let me know that she is being smart-ellic to her. She said that my daughter was smart-ellic last week too. Can this be the Straterra? What is going on? Can Straterra cause agression and irritation in a person? I thought it was non stimulating? Please Reply if you can.
    Strattera is a norepinphrine re-uptake inhibitor. Norepinphrine is basically adrenaline. Adrenaline can be very stimulating we all know, and is a culprit of anxiety disorder. I'm thinking increased adrenaline would bring about some stimulation and thus aggression?

Old 02-25-2005, 06:37 PM   #4
    momsbrandi
    (female)

momsbrandi HB User

Does anyone else have experience with this?

Closed Thread