It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• Adderall and Nexium

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-19-2005, 05:54 AM   #1
    slk34
    (female)

slk34 HB User
    Adderall and Nexium

I'm on Nexium twice a day for acid reflux. I was out of my script, so I hadn't been taking it when I started on Adderall (I just was diagnosed a couple weeks ago. I was on Adderall 5 mg., and now am on 10mg. I think she'll raise my dose after the next appointment). Anyway, now I have the Nexium again. I'm just wondering if I take the 2 in the morning, will the Nexium impact absorption of the Adderall? I've been told in impacts absorption of vitamins. Let me know if anyone has experience with this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2005, 01:16 PM   #2
    uptown22

uptown22 HB User
    Re: Adderall and Nexium

i take 20mg dexedrine 3x a day and 30mg prevacid 2x a day and never had any problems! In fact I took them together for a while in the morning before reading about that side-effect. i think everyone is diffrent, hopefully it shouldnt be a problem - i think you need to really worry about baking soda ... in either case, before i switched to dex, my doc said is safe to take the prev and the adderall an hour later, or the adderall and the prev an hour later.. that is the immediate release, of course-you neglect to mention if you are taking the regular or XR, but I think it may interact more with the XR..be careful of juice/vit C as they decrease absorption...

Old 03-19-2005, 02:20 PM   #3
    slk34
    (female)

slk34 HB User
    Re: Adderall and Nexium

Thanks for the advice. I am on the XR. Maybe I'll take the Nexium first thing when I wake up -- then take the Adderall XR an hour and half later. I guess I could check the Nexium site too to see if there is anything about decreased absorption of other meds.

Closed Thread