It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• Adderall XR--how to cope with crash at night?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-06-2006, 08:06 PM   #1
    CoffeeAddict1190
    (female)

CoffeeAddict1190 HB User
    Adderall XR--how to cope with crash at night?

Hi all,

I'm new the adult ADD world and was just prescribed Adderall XR. The first time I took it I was sooooooooooo sleepy. It's been a few more days and I don't have the same drowsiness during the day, but after around 7pm I feel a combination of extremely drunk and extremely tired. NOT a good feeling.

Is there anyway to combat this drop off at night? And I'm not sleeping well. Does anyone takes sleeping pills to sleep at night??? That may be contributing to my tiredness.

I do like some aspects of the medication however. I love that the "noise" that always goes on in my head seems to have been silenced. I love that the arguing I typically do over completing or beginning any task has stopped. It's amazing--I've never experienced this kind of follow through.

I'm very clearly ADD. I took 4 different tests and scored VERY low. I answered very honestly. I've known for years I've had a problem and am relieved to be finally receiving treatment. My doctor says in spite of my ADD I'm very high functioning. I'm finding myself questioning whether medication was a good idea or not. Do any of you take meds off and on? For when life demands it?

I'm glad to have found this board.

Does the PM crashing subside with time? Or should I explore other meds?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread