It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• Six year old too friendly?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-18-2006, 08:37 PM   #1
    worm
    (female)

worm HB User
    Six year old too friendly?

Is this within the "normal" range for 6 year old behaviour?

My daughter thinks that everyone is her friend, sometimes even her best friend, even if they just wave at her.

She is especially fond of men and will even kiss them if they are nice to her and I let her, which I do not. I know she has not been molested as she is at home and schooled by me.

She was late to talk.

Sometimes she talks like "I wanted to go to the store, but I didn't want to go". " I am warm (when she may be too cool). Unless you know what she wants to say (not always though), she may be hard to understand.

She is very dramatic and has great tone and inflection when she is "acting".

She is very creative and above her level in creativity.

She can have difficulty getting along with her friends although she plays great with older and younger children. She does play with peers, but if they don't want to do what she is doing she will dismiss them.

She freaks-out when anyone touches stuff in her room that she has set up.

She loves "teeny" toys.

She has frequent fits and tantrums, will not talk to us if she has an owie and goes into her room by herself, is difficult to get along with at times.

She is very black and white in that she can also be sweet as pie, but only when things are going well her way.

She over reacts when she gets hurt.

She blames me for everything, even if she gets hurt and I wasn't around.

She cries and fusses A LOT.

She has managed to almost finish grade one when she should be doing kindergarten.

I don't know what to think. My son is ADHD and has lots of sensory issues, and I don't want to be neurotic about this, but she is difficult. I don't want to think she has anything wrong with her, but if it isn't her then it must be my parenting. Are 6 year old girls always so fussy and emotional?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2006, 01:55 PM   #2
    Jennita
    Inactive
    (female)

Jennita HB User
    Re: Six year old too friendly?

Friendly, creative, emotional and intellectually advanced? I don't think there is a problem there, other than dealing with a child that's not a perfect robot. She is most likely a gifted child, that's a good thing.

However, psychiatry might have a mental disorder for her, maybe some kind of Disney princess syndrome or DPS.

IMHO, Don't worry; she sounds like an exceptional child and will later learn better social/getting along with others skills as time goes on. But I'm not a doctor nor a member of the Walt Disney Co., so I'm not qualified to diagnois DPS

Last edited by Jennita; 06-19-2006 at 01:57 PM.

Closed Thread