It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• Sensitivity to Light

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-30-2006, 06:49 AM   #1
    kevinb311
    (male)

kevinb311 HB User
    Sensitivity to Light

Hey everyone! I've had pretty severe ADD for many years now, and I have just recently developed a very intense sensitivity to light. It's almost painful to sit and look at this computer screen while typing this, and it's hard to even go outside on sunny days and even look at the screen on my cell phone.

Does anyone else ever experience this?

Also, what other symptoms do you guys have? Do any of you have anxiety along with ADD? Low self esteem?

Let me know! My eyes kill!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2006, 04:05 PM   #2
    pradasweets1983
    (female)

pradasweets1983 HB User
    Re: Sensitivity to Light

haha yes, I have ADHD and I have a sensitivity to light although sometimes it is worse than others and I believe that mine is due to the fact I have very very light blue eyes.

If you put into a search engine symptoms/info about ADD you will get so much to read about the disorder. A lot of times anxiety does go hand in hand with ADD...I have very mild anxiety...it seems to be worse when I feel overwhelmed. Everyones ADD is both similiar and differ. The symptoms vary person to person.Also, there can be a correlation between medicine and light sensitivity. Have you started new meds lately?

Good luck-----Jess

Last edited by pradasweets1983; 06-30-2006 at 04:08 PM.

Old 07-05-2006, 01:59 PM   #3
    kevinb311
    (male)

kevinb311 HB User
    Re: Sensitivity to Light

Hey Jess!

Thanks for your note. I started an anxiety med a while back, but my eyes were really sensitive before that which is interesting. I'm taking a very small .25mg dosage of Risperdal, just to sooth my anxiety for a while. I feel extremely stressed out (hate my job) and live in New York City, which we know is a very anxiety ridden city!

Another issue, is my job is a desk job. It requires a lot of sitting around, so It's very difficuly to come to everyday.

Do you find yourself having difficulties with relationships, work and friends with your ADHD? I find that I get sick of people very quickly, and need to move on very quickly. This sucks, and I don't want to be like this for my whole life!

Closed Thread