It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• Generic Adderall ( amphetam salt )

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-14-2006, 04:30 PM   #1
    8missgrl21
    (female)

8missgrl21 HB User
    Question Generic Adderall ( amphetam salt )

Anyone ever taken the generic adderall and if so how did it work for them? I was on concerta but the side effects were too strong, and they didnt make a 5mg so I am starting 5mg generic adderall. Can anyone tell me what to expect?

Last edited by 8missgrl21; 08-14-2006 at 04:31 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2006, 09:29 PM   #2
    tonymc
    (male)

tonymc HB User
    Re: Generic Adderall ( amphetam salt )

I'm on non-XR adderall. I take a 30mg dose. I take it in the morning. About 30 minutes to an hour later, the "fog" is gone (don't loose things I just had in my hand kinda stuff doesn't happen is the most noteable) and the numbing can't-seem-to-quite-wake-up-and-I-have-no-energy feeling goes away. These effects only last about 2 hours for me then the crash... It lasts about 45 minutes to an hour or so. Just a detached feeling like you are floating along feeling down. Kinda a like a deep depression with nothing to be depressed about. Then things are back to the "normal ADD". There is a generic and the name brand. I've tried both and with the name brand, the crashes aren't as bad. They are supposed to be the same BUT I have a few co-workers on Adderall also and they see similar results. Just worth noting. Some one told me it was all in my head. I said, "yeah, your right..."

Old 08-21-2006, 11:49 PM   #3
    texassweetpea
    (female)

texassweetpea HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Generic Adderall ( amphetam salt )

I have been on adderall for 6 years...the regular generic kind. I think it worked great! I was on 20 mg TID. for the whole time. I had to stop it a week ago because of a bad reaction. My doc put me on ritalin today...the regular generic kind also...at 20 mg TID also. I had a really good experience with the generic adderall. No problems till a few weeks ago when I began having bad sores in my mouth which cleared up when i stopped it. Good luck hun!

Old 08-22-2006, 04:51 PM   #4
    springray
    Inactive
    (female)

springray HB User
    Re: Generic Adderall ( amphetam salt )

I've tried generic from "BARR " and it felt totaly different to me than the original Adderall "Shire " ,immediate release. The generic from Barr were sweet tasting and very "explosive" ,with high peak and fast crash down. The originals from "Shire " felt smoother,bit longer lasting , and somehow made me moody Right now i'm trying out Adderall XR,so far not bad,smooth and clear,no bad effects ,clear and focused. Concerta was a nightmare to me......heart was jumping out of my chest,too hyper, and when it wore of i felt like empty peanut shell Hope this helps

Closed Thread