It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• Does anyone have "Ring of Fire" Type 6 ADD

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-01-2007, 07:09 PM   #1
    MommyGoneMad
    (female)

MommyGoneMad HB User
    Does anyone have "Ring of Fire" Type 6 ADD

Was hoping someone can help me out here... I thought my fiance was bi-polar until I read the symptoms of Type 6 ADD... OMGosh I bet so many people are misdiagnosed with bi-polar and are type 6.

I need to know more people diagnosed with this disorder.

anyone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2007, 05:55 AM   #2
    dfroman1166
    (female)

dfroman1166 HB User
    Re: Does anyone have "Ring of Fire" Type 6 ADD

Please post where you've read info on type 6 ADD- I can't seem to get any info on it.
    Thanks!

Old 03-02-2007, 06:12 AM   #3
    dfroman1166
    (female)

dfroman1166 HB User

O.K...I found it- I punched in "ring of fire"-WOW!! Sounds like me! I've been abusing Vicodin and posting on the Addiction and Recovery board. I,m coming off an addiction to Vicodin. I'm being treated for ADD with adderall which seems to help a bit. After reading these symptoms I really think I may have this "ring of fire type 6 ADD". I've always thought that my depression and lack of focus was due to a shortage of- dopamine and the "feel good" chemicals in the brain. I belive the reason I've been abusing vicodin (and many others) is because it gives me a normal level of those chemicals. I do not abuse vicodin to "get high" I take them to feel NORMAL.
    I'm not sure what your fiance's situation is but please read the post on the addiction and recovery board titled -"I'm really sick of it all". I'm not suggesting at all that there's any addictions but I have listed my symptoms as well as the others posting on that thread.
    Thank you for posting this info-I never even heard of this "ring of fire" type ADD.

Last edited by dfroman1166; 03-02-2007 at 06:15 AM.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:21 AM   #4
    MommyGoneMad
    (female)

MommyGoneMad HB User

Well I am glad I helped your out a bit. I never heard of it either until yesterday. Did you know that Winnie the pooh characters all 5 have an ADD type, but they didnt use the 6th type (ring of fire) because it was too much!?
    My fiance does not have any substance abuse at all. No alcohol, drugs, smoking so that one is not an issue. Not to say that if he didnt try one day and it make him feel good that he wouldnt continue. He is 37 so I dont think it will start now.

How old are you by the way, just trying to grasp. I will read your other post tonight.

This little guy reminds me of the ring of fire explanation LOL

ttys

Last edited by moderator2; 03-08-2007 at 01:25 PM.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:18 PM   #5
    BetsyAnn
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BetsyAnn HB User

I just looked up the "Ring of Fire" type of ADD. It sound to me like they just gave a new name to bipolar. Are there some subtle differences that I missed?
    The description sounds just like my bipolar child (who also has adhd). I am sure he has bipolar because of his cycling. Also, mood stablizers are the "miracle" drug for him.

Old 03-08-2007, 01:21 PM   #6
    Imeadd
    (female)

Imeadd HB User

I am new to this board, and have been newly diagnosed with ADD. One of the most useful tools I have found in coping with this diagnosis is the book Healing ADD by Dr. Amen. He lists all six types of ADD, their characteristics, how to treat, and a self test is thrown in as well. He also shows brain scans of the different types of ADD and compares them to non ADD brains.

Last edited by moderator2; 03-08-2007 at 01:24 PM.

Closed Thread