It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• which kind of doctors prescribe add medications?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-23-2007, 12:40 AM   #1
    rft3434
    (male)

rft3434 HB User
    which kind of doctors prescribe add medications?

for example does it have to be a psychiatrist? can it be a family physician?

also is it documented with the state or the government or on some type of file if u have add?

last question: if u call your doctor and tell them that u can't concentrate would they call in something like adderal or strattera over the phone to the pharmacy?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2007, 12:03 PM   #2
    New2ADD
    Inactive
    (male)

New2ADD HB User
    Re: which kind of doctors prescribe add medications?

Any doctor can prescribe the meds

No, government doesn't have record of the diagnosis

Most of the traditional ADD meds are stimulants (amphetamines such as Dexedrine/Adderall and methylphenidate such as Ritalin/Concerta) and are listed as DEA schedule II drugs. They cannot be called in and you must physically present an original signed prescription every month to a pharmacy. No refills allowed.
    Newer, non-traditional, non-stimulant ADD meds are not controlled and can be called in (Strattera, Provigil, etc...)

J

Closed Thread