It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• Adderall And Anger?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-29-2007, 05:01 AM   #1
    JAKE9364
    (male)

JAKE9364 HB User
    Adderall And Anger?

I have been taking meds for Bipolar disorder for many years but still had road rage, anger moments, etc. so my new psych said I also had ADHD. He is going to put me on Adderall XR since I broke out with a bad rash from Focalin XR after 2 days. What I am reading on the internet says that Adderall will cause irratability and anger, if this is true why give me something that will worsen my anger? Anyone HELP!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2007, 05:42 AM   #2
    TammiLeigh
    (female)

TammiLeigh HB User
    Re: Adderall And Anger?

Please keep a very close eye on your bipolar symptoms. Sometimes ADHD medication can trigger episodes. I have experience with this my teenage daughter. She had to be taken off the ADHD medication completely. She has had to learn coping strategies for the ADHD symptoms. Actually, we tried several different meds for the bipolar before all of her manic episodes were controlled. Her manic episodes caused her to be aggressive and angry. It sounds like your doctor is trying to help you with your symptoms by trying different medications. Sometimes it takes a while before you find the best medication for you. Hang in there. Your symptoms will improve with you and doctor having a close relationship.

Tamara

Old 04-04-2007, 09:19 AM   #3
    JAKE9364
    (male)

JAKE9364 HB User

Thanks for responding I take celexa and colazapan for my Bipolar, but my old Psych tried about 12 different medications from Lithium to wellbutrin but I still had the anger. Only started the Adderall XR Sat Mar 31, 2007 so waiting to see what happens. I hope your daughter is responding, I have three children and they all suffer from Bipolar and ADD, genetic disaster!

Old 04-06-2007, 04:39 PM   #4
    michael178
    Veteran
    (male)

michael178 HB User

Adderall is a cocktail of amphetamine salts that can induce mania in people with bipolar disorder, and mania, as you know entails a lot of agitation and anger, so what you read is correct. What kind of doctor prescribed adderall?

Old 04-16-2007, 11:05 AM   #5
    JAKE9364
    (male)

JAKE9364 HB User

My psychiatrist prescribed it, and to be honest it is working great, however the xr only last about 6 to 7 hours. I see him next week maybe he will tell me to take it twice a day?

Closed Thread