It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• Best prescription for ADD (not ADHD)...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-14-2007, 11:07 AM   #1
    keatis
    (male)

keatis HB User
    Best prescription for ADD (not ADHD)...

I've already been on Strattera and that was just a nightmare; my testicles shrunk, sexual dysfunction, constant yawning even when I'm not necessarily tired, and dizziness/headaches. What other meds are there? I can't take Adderall or Ritalin or anything that's "legal speed" because I already have an anxiety problem and they make it worse. Anybody know of another prescription that helps? Thanks a lot beforehand!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2007, 11:59 AM   #2
    addprogrammer
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

addprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB User
    Re: Best prescription for ADD (not ADHD)...

Keatis,

Do some research on Dexedrine. It does not have the potentially anxiety intensifying properties of Ritalin and Adderall.

Talk to your doctor about it.

Also, Shire has a new product - I can't remember name - that is a dextroamphetamine precursor - that is, converts quickly to d-amphetamine after ingestion.

Check that out too.

Bob

PS Me too on Strattera. YUK

Old 07-14-2007, 01:21 PM   #3
    boricuaitaliano
    (male)

boricuaitaliano HB User
    Re: Best prescription for ADD (not ADHD)...

Hi Keatis.

I recently was diagnosed with ADD and been taking Concerta but I believe it's the same as Ritalin. I suffer from social anxiety and noticed Neurontin works like a charm.
    You should read this book called "Healing ADD: The Breakthrough Program That Allows You to See and Heal the Six Types of ADD" by Daniel G. Amen. I hate reading because I easily get distracted but this but is worth the effort and time. It took me a month to get to page 154 out of 400 pages but there is a lot of good info and examples of previous patients with different types of ADD. They talk how they did SPECT test on people brains with ADD and noticed certain areas where the brain shuts down, certain parts are not being used when we need it the most or blood is not flowing through. They talk about diets, meds, etc.
    [removed]

Last edited by mod-anon; 07-14-2007 at 11:24 PM. Reason: do not instruct members on how to find websites.

Closed Thread