It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• Ok so I am done with Concerta

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-22-2008, 09:05 AM   #1
    leoball80
    (female)

leoball80 HB User
    Ok so I am done with Concerta

As some of you I posted here yesterday. I went to the doctor Wednesday, he gave me Concerta 18mg. I took it for 2 days and felt nothing. So I decided to take 2 pills today (being if he upped my dose, it would be 36mg anyways) I still feel nothing. Nada, not a thing. I cannot believe I can take an adhd medication which is often described as "legal speed" and not feel a damn thing.

So does anyone know of the strongest adhd medication out there, that may work for me if Concerta doesn't?

Last edited by leoball80; 11-22-2008 at 09:06 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
    helen08
    (female)

helen08 HB User
    Re: OK so I am done with Concerta

hi leoball

i know must be very frustrating for you with just starting meds and you will want to be on the dose thats right for you. you need to stick with it a couple of weeks as each day you could benefit more the more you take it. if not then you need to go back to your doctor for him/her to increase as you need to be monitored on concerta to find out what the right dose is for you and suits you.

however with concerta i have noticed that it doesn't have much effect as my son takes it and the meds before had more effect whether this is too concerta I'm unsure, I'm at the moment going with the doc who increases my son's dose to see if it works for him.

i think if its after a period of a month or two and you see no difference then maybe discuss another med to take as that's what i will be suggesting when next visit to doc... I'm sure there will be someone else here who takes concerta and will be able to tell you how it works for them. i hope you get it sorted as with these meds Ive noticed alot is trail and error and finding out what works best for each person which takes a little time. you will get there soon i hope.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:18 AM   #3
    spamula
    (female)

spamula HB User
    Re: Ok so I am done with Concerta

Adderral is probably the strongest med out there for ADHD, but it comes with it's ups and downs as well. Ask your Doc.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:24 AM   #4
    hateadhd
    (female)

hateadhd HB User

Hi, your dose may not be correct yet. . My son ( who is 16) takes 108 mg a day. I didn't even know they made a 18 mg dose. We started on 36 mg,. then 54mg, then 90, and now finally for last 1. 5 years on 108. Barely contains him, but does make an obvious difference.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:34 AM   #5
    spamula
    (female)

spamula HB User

I would say stick with it a litle longer and your doc might want to raise the dose or change the med. 36mg is not a high dose.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:38 PM   #6
    CharBerry
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

CharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB User

I'm the same as you. Could take a bottle of Adderal and go right to sleep. The only thing that helps me is Dexedrine and even though I was concerned about taking it, it's been the only drug that has made me "feel normal." I tried all the others and nothing. I have taken the same amt of Dex for years and it still works.

CharBerry

Closed Thread