HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   ADD / ADHD (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/add-adhd/)
-   -   doctors in Dallas, TX who prescribe adderall (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/add-adhd/655789-doctors-dallas-tx-who-prescribe-adderall.html)

jpratt08 12-11-2008 10:59 AM

doctors in Dallas, TX who prescribe adderall

doctors in Dallas, TX who prescribe adderall

CharBerry 12-11-2008 01:19 PM

Re: doctors in Dallas, TX who prescribe adderall

I had a great Dr. in Dallas but he got shut down..........It shouldn't be hard to find a Dr. there. I take Dex and that's the one that's hard to find a Dr. for. My local GP prescribed Adderal but it didn't do good for me.

CharBerry

armyofone0508 12-31-2008 02:44 PM

well, my doctor is in the fort worth area but he prescribes me adderall....

CharBerry 01-03-2009 04:41 AM

[QUOTE=armyofone0508;3834260]well, my doctor is in the fort worth area but he prescribes me adderall....[/QUOTE]

I would also be interested in your Dr. in Ft. Worth area since that is not far from me. My Dr. is over 2 hrs away.

CharBerry

armyofone0508 01-03-2009 11:46 AM

sure no problem. his name is jarvis bull. <removed>

mlynnhoward 05-07-2009 01:45 AM

Armyofone, I live outside DFW Airport. Saw that Dr. Jarvis Bull does prescribe Adderall. I work for an insurance company as a Commercial Claims Adjuster. Used to work for atty's. I've heard of him in the past, but can't remember anything about him. My psychiatrist prescribes me Adderall, 20 mg, 3xs day. Problem is, my body is so used to it that 3 pills a day is not working. Honestly, I was going to find another dr, pay cash, get another rx and so on.... Does he easily prescribe or is it going to be difficult? I have had a traumatic brain injury and have chronic fatigue syndrome. It sucks really bad. Can't hardly function w/out medication. Every disc (no exageration. every single disc) in my back is either herniated or bulging. I live with chronic back pain daily. Motorcycle wreck years ago.

armyofone0508 05-07-2009 03:17 PM

he was easy. my psych gives me as much adderall as i want as well. she works for cathal grant in bedford, tx. her name is merry lynn hake. you shoul try her out (right now i'm on 80mgs a day). yeah i use both of them for it but sometimes you need to do what you think is right!

gibson2008 12-31-2009 08:18 PM

I need that name if you have it- I just moved to the area and need to get off concerta

marisuela 01-03-2010 07:18 PM

mlynnhoward, you might try lowering your dosage instead of increasing it. I've posted various times here about that, so sorry to all who are reading this theory AGAIN, but I really believe it's important to get the word out about this!

When I feel like my adderall isn't working, I lower my dose by a quarter of a dose until I feel like it's working again. I start at 20 mgs twice a day, and after a few months, lower it to 20 mgs in the morning, and 15 in the afternoon, then a few months later, lower the morning dose to 15.... at the moment, I'm taking 10 and 10 and I've been back on it for 9 months (I have to quit each time I am pregnant and nursing).

Anyway, I don't know how to post links to old posts, but if you do a search of my name on this board, you can find numerous posts about lowering your dose and the reasoning behind it.

Hope this helps!