It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• Wellbutrin at night?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-14-2009, 07:31 AM   #1
    ginger3130
    (female)

ginger3130 HB Userginger3130 HB User
    Wellbutrin at night?

I am a slow metabolizer and I failed on Concerta (caused me bladder pain). So now I am trying Wellbutrin 100SR again.

I notice that when I take it first thing in the morning it doesn't kick in until the afternoon.

I also take Klonopin for anxiety.

My doc suggested taking the Wellbutrin at night before bed so it would kick in when I wake up.

Does anyone take Wellbutrin at night? Think it's ok to take Wellbutrin and Klonopin together at night before bed?

I hope that it gives me the boost, focus and motivation I need.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2009, 09:18 PM   #2
    Spring2010
    (female)

Spring2010 HB User
    Re: Wellbutrin at night?

Ginger,

Have you tried Adderall XR? That helped me with focus, and more important to me, the anxiety.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
    addprogrammer
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

addprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB User
    Re: Wellbutrin at night?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ginger3130 View Post
    My doc suggested taking the Wellbutrin at night before bed so it would kick in when I wake up.

Does anyone take Wellbutrin at night? Think it's ok to take Wellbutrin and Klonopin together at night before bed?

I hope that it gives me the boost, focus and motivation I need.
    ginger,

I have some experience with Wellbutrin, but not Klonopin.

Wellbutrin is a stimulating antidepressant. If I took Wellbutrin before bed, there'd be no need for the bed. I'd be awake all night. The delayed kick-in you experience is not common. On the other hand, paradoxical or unexpected reactions are common with meds of the type we take. Perhaps how you respond plus the Klonopin will offset any possible insomnia and the plan will work just fine. Maybe.

I found Wellbutrin to be fairly effective focus and motivation booster at the 300mg dose. I had to take 300mg SR in the AM. Taking 150mg AM, 150mg PM was not effective. My reaction to 300mg was the reverse of yours. The Wellbutrin was working in under an hour but quit working early afternoon. I didn't want to chance the seizure risk associated with higher doses. I experienced more anxiety from Welllbutrin but within the tolerable range.

I think your plan has more than enough merit for a try. Trial is the only way to discover what works for sure. It's those dang paradoxical, everyone reacts differently to the same medication problem. Give it a wing. See what happens. Report results to doc. Go from there. Whatever the outcome you'll be one step closer to the solution that works for you.

Bob

PS I missed Spring's reply. I too experienced less anxiety from Adderall. I don't think Adderall is any easier on the stomach than Concerta. Is there a med to offset the digestive side-effects? Adderall is a significantly more effective focus and motivation enabler than Wellbutrin. Talk to doc about the possibility if current plan flops.

Last edited by addprogrammer; 12-15-2009 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Missed Spring's reply

Closed Thread