It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• Adderall: somedays it works, and some days it doesn't..?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-05-2010, 03:38 PM   #1
    Trevorstaeh
    (male)

Trevorstaeh HB User
    Unhappy Adderall: somedays it works, and some days it doesn't..?

I was recently prescribed adderall. First I started with 5mg tabs, one per day. Obviously that didn't do much. Second month I was upped to 15mg XR, once a day. I've been taking that doseage for about a month and a half now. Sometimes I feel like it works, and other times I feel absolutely NOTHING. anyone else have this problem? What can I do to get a more consistent reaction? Please help with suggestions!! It's beginning to become frustrating!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2010, 08:46 PM   #2
    janewhite1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
    Re: Adderall: somedays it works, and some days it doesn't..?

Well, for one thing, ADD meds will not work unless you've had adequate sleep. Doctors may not tell you this, but quite a few patients came to this conclusion independently. Also, eating a proper breakfast and lunch are important for some people. (By "proper" I mean low in sugar and having some protein and fiber, so your blood sugar is more stable.) Also, some physical activity can drain off excess energy and make it easier to focus.

All that being said, there may just be days when it won't happen. Everyone has bad days.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:43 AM   #3
    addprogrammer
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

addprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB User
    Re: Adderall: somedays it works, and some days it doesn't..?

Treavor,

Adderall is usually titrated up to a maximum of 40mg/day. Sounds to me like you are not yet at the dose most effective for you. Talk to your doctor.

That being said, everything Jane said will remain true. By significantly reducing your bad days, a higher dose will help you discern those other variables you need to manage.

Bob

Closed Thread