It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• Aptitude to start working, not enough with Dexedrine...?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-24-2010, 05:16 AM   #1
    fADHoDy
    (male)

fADHoDy HB User
    Question Aptitude to start working, not enough with Dexedrine...?

Hi there,

I知 fADHoDy and I just be informed last month that I have ADHD. I知 currently at university in electrical engineering and in my last apprenticeship I was not enough supervised to achieve great productivity... This lead me to a depression/burn-out... :|
    I then quite the job and return to school, but it took me 6 month to accept that I was sick and/or understand my problem enough to get the correct help. (Tiredness, no motivation... and, of course a lack in my productivity)

THEN...
    I saw my shrink last month, and he gives me 15 mg Dexedrine Spansule (long time release) and Cymbalta.
    By knowing that most of the time, treating the ADHD suppresses depression, I was unsure about taking an AD. Any way, he insists seeing my emotionality of the moment and I agreed on that, so I give it a try.
    After six weeks that demoted me where I was five months ago, CYMBALTA IS OVER. I REALLY give it a try, cause I read a lot of study on Cymbalta saying that 4-6 weeks is generally enough to see result.(on depression...) So, I kept going to reach 6 weeks... I didn't took it for noting... conscience free... :s

Dexedrine has a great effect on my concentration, but it seems that 15mg is not enough if I知 not taking some L-Tyrosine supplement... So, first question (note that I tried once 2-15 mg, one the morning, second the afternoon...)

1- Do taking L-Tyrosine supplement with Dexedrine is a good idea? (L-Tyrosine supplement for long time taking is not recommended... for skin cancer I think...)
    2- Do 2-15mg a day is recommended?
    Every morning, I feel not really awake cerebrally since Dexedrine takes place...
    3- Is it the case for you?
    I read on other forum, and probably agreed that a 5 mg of instant release DEX the morning will be a perfect dosing in addition of my 15 dex spansule... Any comments on the dosage are welcome!
    On this, my shrink said that he is willing to gives me Ritalin for the evening if the effect disappears... (maybe takes ritalin the morning instead... and delay Dexedrine?
    4- So, what痴 the better?

Unfortunately I知 not quite sure, but I really think that he gives me the AD for my depression/burn-out (not for ADHD) even if I told him that the event who led me there was out of my life. I have to mention that it may still be a lack in my capacity to start something (i.e. Right now, i'm suppose to write a report... :s)
    So,
    5- Do taking Welbutrin, instead of increased Dex dosage or add ritalin would be better? Probably, but please, consider that I like the concept of ォday offサ that is possible with Dexedrine... And probably not with an AD... :s
    In addition, I have to say that in an ideal world, I don稚 want to take any pills, so the minimum dosage will be the best for me... I even consider to see a nutritionist to help the effect of the pills and then, reduce their usages... (like it is the case for the L-Tyrosine supplement)

Thanks in advance,

fADHoDy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
    Thunor
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Thunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB UserThunor HB User
    Re: Aptitude to start working, not enough with Dexedrine...?

I'm a bit short on time, so I'll try to hit each of your questions quickly.
    1. [*]
    2. [*]
    3. [*]
    4. [*]

Closed Thread