It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• Dexedrine

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-20-2001, 08:04 AM   #1
    madairman

madairman HB User
    Post Dexedrine

Anyone had any luck or problems with Dexedrine? I'm 27 years old, male. I'm switching to Dexedrine from Concerta due to a "flat" or emotional feeling. On the Concerta I could be happy or in a good mood but I would not feel happy. I wasent that I felt bad, its that I didnt feel any emotion. Strange. So, whats the word on Dexedrine?

Thanks

BRett

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2001, 05:30 PM   #2
    reiterin24

reiterin24 HB User
    Dexedrine is a life-saver for me. I've been on it for the past 2 years, after trying everything else under the sun (I won't even list them all - if it's used for ADD, I've tried it). I take 15mg 4x/day. My last dose is at bedtime, because I can't sleep without it.

My friends love teasing how speed calms me down. :-)

Anyway, I hope it works out for you. It normalizes me, and it's worked since they found the right dose for me. I haven't become tolerant or anything.

Good luck!

Old 08-03-2001, 07:17 PM   #3
    Ruthls

Ruthls HB User
    Lightbulb

A student I work with started on Ritalin and it did not agree with him at all (the same for his sister).
    They have both switched to Dexadrine and he especially has been doing sooo much better.

Experimenting with these drugs doesn't seem like the optimal thing to do to ones body but every 'body' is different and you need to find the one that works well for yours.

Try doing lots of comparing of others experiences (specifically getting info on their particular behaviours) their personality and what meds ended up working for them.

Research, research, research. Maybe medical journals or annuls may have more info all in one place.

Good Luck - going through this currently with my own son.

Old 08-22-2001, 03:47 PM   #4
    dexedrine4ever

dexedrine4ever HB User
    I am 22 yrs old with adhd....Docs have put me on everything...
    I found for me the only thing that works has been Dexedrine...I take 30mg a day....The only problem was when Doc tried to put me on Zoloft and Dexedrine together.........needless to say for me that was a terrible mix....
    now for someone else that might be different....
    I went from being disorganized, late all the time, extremely impulsive, flunked school, and had an overabundance of energy that I could never seem to harness...I feel like a different person on the med...well maybe just a much better version of myself.
    I can read a paragraph and absorb the information..
    But because I have been in the medical field for 5 years I know what the reprocussions are on your body physically when you take this medication lonterm...
    Do the risks outweigh the benefits?
    If you do use this med. what about when you stop??
    Are you still going to be able to function??
    Can us Adhders learn to live without meds and overcome this disorder????
    Hope this helps
    Dex...

Old 10-15-2001, 01:37 PM   #5
    joey_natural

joey_natural HB User
    I took dexetrine for the first time at 18. I was in the beggining of college taking a half load of sciences, trying to bodybuild and work 30hours a week. At first it was a miracle, i sat down the first day for 4 hours in the hallway of my college and didnīt look up once. On the way to school i stopped yelling out my friends car windows at everyone and he noticed i was "no fun" anymore. I missed being crazy, thatīs who i am. Anyways i was seeing a girl who i ended up stuck with for 1.5 years ( what a waiste of time). The ignorant woman said she couldnt handle me off of it because i was too hyper and impulsive otherwise. So i stayed on the evil little pill, night came and so did depression, feeling like i was at the bottom of the pit for no reason. What a bounce back effect. I tried disypramine as well - same thing. So i went up and down on it felt unemotional, cold and did good in college on it and didnīt want to eat when i was on it. When i was off of it i felt overly stressed cause i couldnīt remember how to deal with life without pills, loved to eat, did good at the gym, forgot about homework but remembered life. Those pills, any pill that helps you overcome adhd turns you into an unemotional sheep in a pasture doing exactly what you should do for society and not for yourself. Bodybuild, tire yourself out, eat healthy and do what you like, dont take a pill to force yourself to do something you wouldnt do without it. And thanks for comming out.......

Closed Thread