It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• Concerta & High Blood Pressure

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-22-2003, 06:07 PM   #1
    mstreye

mstreye HB User
    Post Concerta & High Blood Pressure

Is anyone noticing they have high blood pressure after taking Concerta for a while? I've never had a problem with high pressure before but it has been running high lately.

Other culprets could be my life long addiction to salt, the fact that I have been taking lots of cold medicine to fight bronchitis and lots of doses of Immodium. (Don't need to explain what that's for! )

I still love Concerta because even though it is still Ritalin it is an extended form which lasts 12 hours with one dose, but the sudden bout with high blood pressure I have noticed about myself concerns me.

Is anyone else who takes Concerta noticing this or is something else to blame?

http://members.truepath.com/michaeli/dancingstar.gif

------------------
    Have a Blessed Day! 3 John 2

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2003, 06:34 AM   #2
    mlgable
    Inactive

mlgable HB User
    The cold medicines are most likely the culprit of your high blood pressure although I can't say that for sure. Bronchitis should be treated by the doc so if you still think you have it and haven't seen the doc you should do that before it turns into something like pneumonia. Also immodium shouldn't be used for long periods of time so if you are still haveing diarrhea get that checked by the doc too to be sure it isn't c-diff or parasites causing the diarrhea. From what I can see reading the patient information for concerta online elevated blood pressure is not one of the side effects but upper respiratory infections like yours can be a side effect. See your doc to get the bronchitis and diarrhea checked out if you haven't done this.

Closed Thread