It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• BeCalmd??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-26-2003, 06:13 AM   #31
    Sarmor

Sarmor HB User
    Thanks Free Spirit for your answer about Sam-e used in conjunction with Becalm'd. I am now wondering if there is anyone out there who does combine these two supplements and what they feel the outcome is. Thanks very much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2003, 07:03 AM   #32
    weez
    (female)

weez HB User
    Is Be'Calmed safe for a 5 year-old?

weez

Old 10-28-2003, 01:24 PM   #33
    cgissell

cgissell HB User
    I have no hyperactivity, but rather, I have no energy. Will BeCalmd make me so stress free that I'm lethargic?

Old 11-04-2003, 08:29 AM   #34
    Coopersmom
    Inactive

Coopersmom HB User
    I am going to keep my son on the Adderall and then slowly take him off over the Christmas holiday break at school to see if the beCalm'd is working.

Vanessa

Last edited by mod-anon; 01-19-2008 at 11:57 PM.

Old 11-07-2003, 10:36 PM   #35
    BetaChiAngel

BetaChiAngel HB User
    Free Spirit,

Your post about specific ADD subtypes was extremely informative and fascinating to me. I have ADD and have been meaning to do research on it. All I really knew was some basic information and the general differences between ADD and ADHD. May I ask where specifically you got this information from? Thanks a lot for the post.

Pam

Last edited by mod-anon; 01-20-2008 at 12:01 AM.

Old 11-08-2003, 03:46 PM   #36
    Coopersmom
    Inactive

Coopersmom HB User
    Just received my first order of beCalm'd. Right of the bat I am not too sure about it because you have to take it on an empty stomach 30 mins before eating or two hours after eating. That's hard to do when you are hopping out of bed in the morning, eating breakfast and then heading off to school. I want my son to get as much sleep as he can.

Plus as an ADD adult it's hard to remember when and where you have to take supplements. I can barely remember to get my vitamins taken!

Oh well, I am going to start taking them tomorrow and then when the chewables arrive I will start with him.

I will keep everyone updated.

Vanessa

Old 11-08-2003, 05:03 PM   #37
    szarkam

szarkam HB User
    Smile :)

The ones I ordered for my daughter arrived late today, we will start tomorrow, I figure I will give them to her the minute I wake her up - since it takes her abut 30 minutes before she goes down for breakfast in the morning - waiting 2 hours after a meal is not really an option.

I am excited for her to start.

Good luck coopersmom

Last edited by szarkam; 11-08-2003 at 05:04 PM.

Old 11-08-2003, 05:33 PM   #38
    szarkam

szarkam HB User
    So a bowl of sereal is probably okay ??

It does say that if there is stomach upset to take with a simple carb.

Old 11-09-2003, 05:14 PM   #39
    szarkam

szarkam HB User
    I know the Becalm'd are expensive, but I am sure the regiment you have hom on can't be cheap either. Please let me know how it works, we just started becalm'd today, so I am hoping that in a couple of weeks we will see some improvement.
    I can handle my daughter at home which is why I am trying to stay away from the other meds and not get pressured into it from the school.

Old 11-10-2003, 10:20 AM   #40
    szarkam

szarkam HB User
    Thanks for the info, I will keep that in mind if I don't see any improvement with the becalm'd

Old 11-23-2003, 04:15 PM   #41
    szarkam

szarkam HB User
    Re: BeCalmd??

My daughtes teacher said she noticed a slight improvement in her bahavior and she has been on becalm'd for about 2 weeks. I am however doing as much research as possible and her ped is having us go for more bloodwork since the counselor is suggesting we try meds.

Old 02-01-2004, 12:04 PM   #42
    DaydreamBelievr

DaydreamBelievr HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cgissell
    I have no hyperactivity, but rather, I have no energy. Will BeCalmd make me so stress free that I'm lethargic?
    I would like the same answer you are seeking, but don't see a single response to it. Are there any non-hyper adults taking BeCalmd with any successful results?

Old 02-08-2004, 02:01 AM   #43
    Christine7777

Christine7777 HB User

I see "B'calmed " written two ways here...the other "becalmed". Are they two different meds? Is this something that is safer to use, or more natural than the stimulants or strattera?

Old 02-12-2004, 08:25 PM   #44
    * Free ~ Spirit *
    Inactive

* Free ~ Spirit * HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Christine7777
    I see "B'calmed " written two ways here...the other "becalmed". Are they two different meds? Is this something that is safer to use, or more natural than the stimulants or strattera?
    beCalmd is the actual spelling of the good stuff, it apears to have fairly low doses of each thing, (all well within safe ranges for children) and it can be very helpful for many people with ADD/ADHD/depression/ocd and related problems.

Old 02-13-2004, 08:31 AM   #45
    Nikki9398

Nikki9398 HB User
    Wink Re: BeCalmd??

Just happened to find this board and want to tell everyone that the makers of be calmd are GENIUS. They also make "nu recover" that rids any alchohol addiction.. you take it for 90 days and then start be'calmd.

Let me say that I have battled alchoholism for over 10 years, and have the worst adult ADD known to man... I always looked for that miracle drug that would make it all better, Everyone told me thats not possible. SINCE I FOUND NUEROGENISIS (THE MAKERS OF BE' CALMD AND NU RECOVER) I have not even wanted a drink and my head is so clear. One thing they say is when you are a recovering alcholic, 1 drink can toss you overboard. With the supplements I take now I can have 1 drink at a party and not crave another one.

I have been on so many perscription drugs to fight this disease, and I am so glad I found these pills!!!!!!

I am now trying to withdrawl from Paxil and I would not reccomend this drug to MY WORST ENEMY. Forget about the perscription drugs, they are garbage. I have taken them all and they did nothing but make me a robot.

HOPE THIS HELPS AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Closed Thread