It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

ADD / ADHD Message Board

• Any adults on Adderall XR out there?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-19-2003, 09:56 AM   #1
    kmoonshine1

kmoonshine1 HB User
    Post Any adults on Adderall XR out there?

I am curious if there are any adults using Adderall XR out there, and what dose you are currently taking. I take 20 mg in the morning, but feel it does not last me all day; I want to talk to my doctor about adding another 20mg XR dose at noon; anyone have similar results? Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2003, 03:04 PM   #2
    Amanda01
    (female)

Amanda01 HB User
    Hello, I am a 28yr old taking adderall XR. My dosage is 5mg(I'm really sensitive to medication) in the morning and I noticed after about 3-4 hrs I was REALLY tired. Today I suffered through that and drank some coffee and now I feel fine. I think the tiredness is the adderall wearing off and then it kicks back in. I will talk to my doc about maybe taking an additional dose in the afternoon. I have only been taking it for 4 days so I will just have to wait and see. Good Luck! Amanda

Old 10-19-2003, 06:14 PM   #3
    Skinnypigeon

Skinnypigeon HB User
    I am a 22 yr old male and I have been taking Adderall XR for almost a year now. I take 30mg when I do take the meds, however I have been taking the meds less and less because of continued weight loss and most recently hallucinations. I am looking for an alternative to Adderall, because I am tired of losing weight, and the hallucinations have really bothered me since I found out just the other day that they were related to the meds. I'm not trying to bash Adderall or disuade others from using it, however for me it has started to do more harm than good.

Old 10-26-2003, 11:55 AM   #4
    Amanda01
    (female)

Amanda01 HB User
    I was wondering if you had any luck yet with your meds. I added 5 mg through out the day but the it's not helping much. I'm a student and I need to figure out something. I think I might get off the extended release and try the regular. GOod Luck! Amanda

Old 10-26-2003, 01:06 PM   #5
    RAS 230

RAS 230 HB User
    I'm 26 and I take 20mg twice a day
    it seems to last about 6 hours but it gets less effective as it gets later.

Old 10-27-2003, 09:25 PM   #6
    Amanda01
    (female)

Amanda01 HB User
    Ras, are you on the extended release or the regular. Have you tried both? Just curious to see if they are any different. Thanks Amanda

Old 10-28-2003, 12:09 PM   #7
    gemcutterswife

gemcutterswife HB User
    I started taking Adderall XR 6 days ago. I take 30mg once a day, when I get up. This is the first add medicine I"ve been on, as I"m sure I have had ADD for quite some time now but didnt go to the doctor until last Tuesday when I was finally fed up with not being able to barely function. I noticed an immediate difference 30 minutes after taking it, it was like I was on prescription speed, although I was jittery and moving and talking a mile a minute, it had an amazing mood leveling affect the same day, I had so much more patience with my kids. I am still on it, I"m not quite so jittery and am not wound so tight( my heart rate the say I took it was 118, it is now back it its normal rate). Its still been an appetite suppressant, but I am able to get up easily in the morning, I get things done and I have energy. I can concentrate better when I read, I still misplace things(Not quite as much as usual though) but if I cant find something it doesnt upset me like it used to and I dont hunt and hunt and hunt until I find what i was looking for. I lost 3 lbs the first 3 days of being on it(No complaints there though) I havent weighed myself in the last three days to see if I"ve lost anymore weight but I've also had the energy to get on my treadmill once or twice a day and have been walking longer distances on it. I do get really bad dry mouth though and dont really eat much at all. All in all I"m pretty happy with it as this is the best I"ve been able to function in a long time.

Old 10-30-2003, 01:53 PM   #8
    RAS 230

RAS 230 HB User
    I can't tell if the release one or not, the damn thing is a generic.
    the bottle just says amphetamine 20mg salt cmb tab

Old 10-31-2003, 09:53 AM   #9
    5alive
    (female)

5alive HB User5alive HB User5alive HB User
    Thumbs up

Hi WELCOME
    I was on adderallxr,but,i couldnt stand the ups and downs,so,im back on short acting.I did hear it works
    well for lots,but it just made me very cranky most
    of the time.You may need more in your system,[always
    ask dr. first before increasing]
    Take care and call DR.

------------------
    ADD*A*girl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    5alive

Old 11-10-2003, 06:30 PM   #10
    jbeezy1

jbeezy1 HB User
    Loss of Sex Drive

Have you all heard of the side effect of adderall which causes a loss of sex drive when under the influence of adderall, this alon with all the other absolutely wonderful side effects!!?? Yeah I definitely found myself in a situation recently where the adderall caused me inability to become aroused as I normally would without taking it.

Old 11-11-2003, 08:38 PM   #11
    kimosabi

kimosabi HB User
    I have been on adderall xr for about 6 weeks now. I began at 5 mg and i am now taking 20. It gives me lots more energy (I used to alternate between hyper and a yawning, headachy grouch), and I feel its effects all day. The only problem is I get leg cramps (or at least I feel like I am about to get leg cramps!) Also, I just got on birth control for endometriosis and now I am anxious alot.

Is feeling drowsy and yawning part of ADD?

Also, I didn't take the Addderall for one day and I was so depressed! Is this because I am addicted? Or do you think it is just the hormones from the bcp's?

My sister and father are bipolar, so I wonder sometimes iff I have a bit of depression going on....

But I also exhibit lots of ADD symptoms... Hmmmm... (sorry, I'm rambling!)

Old 11-11-2003, 09:39 PM   #12
    m2ej
    (female)

m2ej HB User
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kmoonshine1
    I am curious if there are any adults using Adderall XR out there, and what dose you are currently taking. I take 20 mg in the morning, but feel it does not last me all day; I want to talk to my doctor about adding another 20mg XR dose at noon; anyone have similar results? Thank you!

I was on Adderall XR 30 and had the same problem (as did my 8 year old stepson) started taking a 10 mg XR @ 2:00pm and it helped alot. I switched to Ritalin LA because I was having some side effects with Adderall, and now am on Ritalin LA 30 and Rit LA 20mg at 2:00pm. I definately need the second one or I am zoned out for the rest of the day!

m2ej

Old 11-18-2003, 10:39 AM   #13
    6re99

6re99 HB User
    XR is horrible.. i get very iritable and my voice gets horce.. sexual dysfunction is BAD BAD BAD .. XR is no good IMO long drawn-out hell ....

Old 11-27-2003, 03:38 PM   #14
    aleve777

aleve777 HB User
    Re: Any adults on Adderall XR out there?

I'm 20 year old female college student and I take 20mg 3 times a day (60mg/day total). The problem with increasing your dosage, at least what I've experienced, is that eventually it stops working as well & your doc ups your meds...it's a vicious cycle and I've become so dependent on my adderall that I have panic attacks when I think about having to stop taking it at some point in my life...From what I've heard, adderall works better when you combine it with other meds, wellbutrin (sp?) for one, not too sure of any others or how it works (I'm just on adderall). Hope that helps!
    Happy turkey day!

Old 12-24-2003, 01:45 AM   #15
    jeebus268

jeebus268 HB User
    Re: Any adults on Adderall XR out there?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kimosabi
    I have been on adderall xr for about 6 weeks now. I began at 5 mg and i am now taking 20. It gives me lots more energy (I used to alternate between hyper and a yawning, headachy grouch), and I feel its effects all day. The only problem is I get leg cramps (or at least I feel like I am about to get leg cramps!) Also, I just got on birth control for endometriosis and now I am anxious alot.

Is feeling drowsy and yawning part of ADD?

Also, I didn't take the Addderall for one day and I was so depressed! Is this because I am addicted? Or do you think it is just the hormones from the bcp's?

My sister and father are bipolar, so I wonder sometimes iff I have a bit of depression going on....

But I also exhibit lots of ADD symptoms... Hmmmm... (sorry, I'm rambling!)

I've read that Birth Control pills can cause leg cramps... I read it on a planned parent website...talk to your doctor

Closed Thread