It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• help please

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-24-2015, 08:37 PM   #1
    Faith51
    (female)

Faith51 HB User
    help please

I have never posted before, this is my first time. I have been addicted to opiates for years. Sometimes I would be down to 2-3 Norco a day and other times I would be up to 8-9 Norco 10/325. I don't need them for pain anymore. I just need them.
    I want so badly to be free. I have two major obstacles; I have a very physical job and can't take any time off right now, and my husband takes Percocet everyday for a severe condition. There is no way he could stop. He truly needs them.
    I have confided in him and he is trying to understand but is having a hard time. I am out of pills now and he is giving me 2-3 of his everyday. I beg. It's humiliating. I make promises I can't keep. I hate myself for it.
    I have quit a couple of times before for short periods of time and experienced horrible WD. The weakness and restless legs I can't take, yet I always seem to go back. I AM SO SCARED! So the thing I need help with is how do I do this? How do I not ask my husband when I know he has them and relief is so close? I end up making his life miserable and he gives in. And until I can somehow get through this I resent him for having them. I am disgusted with myself.
    Can anyone out there relate to this situation?

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Faith51
    Phoenix (03-26-2015),yayagirl (03-26-2015)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2015, 03:46 AM   #2
    Phoenix
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
    Re: help please

Hello Faith51 and welcome.

The thing with prescription pain pills is that it eventually plays a part in your everyday thought process; to the point when no longer needed for pain,there's the dependency issue to tend with.

Once something has become part of your everyday life,it can be difficult to detach from the routine.

Taken long enough,pain meds help to alter the brain's chemistry,which effect ones daily moods,etc.

The first step is to realize there is a problem,which you have....

Try to view things from a different perspective;as if you have decided to go on a diet,thus reducing the caloric intake on a daily basis....

All the while realizing that what you are doing is for the betterment of your quality of living.

Try purchasing a multi-vitamin (or different vitamins separately),so that you can still be in the habit of taking tablets.

The mind/body connection is not something to be taken lightly.

If you'd like to learn more,know that we're here for support and andvice,in a non-judgemental manner.

Respectfully
    Phoenix

Old 03-26-2015, 08:07 AM   #3
    Faith51
    (female)

Faith51 HB User

Thank you Pheonix,
    I will try that. I will look at it as a diet. That's a good idea. I just hope I can get past wanting my husband's pills. I don't want to make his life miserable. I truly want to be free of needing, craving these things. I tossed and turned all night last night. I had to move to the couch because I was keeping him up and I had two 1/2 Percocet 7.5/325 yesterday yet still had a bad night.
    I have to work tomorrow so I just can't do that tonight. I just need to hear from someone that this is possible, to have pills within my reach and not take them. I also want to hear from someone that I will one day get my freedom and energy back.
    Thanks for your concern, Faith

Old 03-26-2015, 08:09 AM   #4
    Faith51
    (female)

Faith51 HB User

Thank you Pheonix,
    It's nice to be able to post my problems here and not be judged .

Last edited by Faith51; 03-26-2015 at 08:15 AM. Reason: need to remove. posted twice

Old 03-26-2015, 09:48 AM   #5
    Phoenix
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Faith51 View Post
    Thank you Pheonix,
    I will try that. I will look at it as a diet. That's a good idea. I just hope I can get past wanting my husband's pills. I don't want to make his life miserable. I truly want to be free of needing, craving these things. I tossed and turned all night last night. I had to move to the couch because I was keeping him up and I had two 1/2 Percocet 7.5/325 yesterday yet still had a bad night.
    I have to work tomorrow so I just can't do that tonight. I just need to hear from someone that this is possible, to have pills within my reach and not take them. I also want to hear from someone that I will one day get my freedom and energy back.
    Thanks for your concern, Faith
    You're welcome.

As with any "diet" the focus should be on how I can achieve my goal....

You almost have to get selfish with it.

Treat the pills like a friend you have to discontinue being associated with for your own reasons but if your husband wants to entertain said person's company,it's permissible to you....

As long *** you don't see the two of them associating together. :-)

You need to give your body some time to adjust.

Remember that Rome wasn't built in a day,nor its destruction seen in the same time span.

I'm going to tell you that you can do what you put your mind to but it's going to take effort on your behalf.

Why am I certain that it's possible?

I'm living proof....

Respectfully
    Phoenix

Old 03-26-2015, 10:25 AM   #6
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear Faith

Yes I can relate to what you are doing. What I am telling you may seem hard, but it is really just truth. I don't judge you. But I can judge what you are doing, which I think you have not been looking at realistically.

Do you really want to push your husband into asking for more meds because he does need them, and have him end up getting denied? You are risking his health and safety and your marriage.

Do you really want drugs so bad that you will risk your and your husband's well-being, safety and freedom?

You need to get realistic as this can't keep going on very long before you get yourself and your marriage in serious trouble, if not jail. Think about it.

If your husband is tested and his meds do not show in his blood or urine at the proper amount your husband can be denied anymore pain med. Would you really eat what he needs to live and make him go without? That is exactly what you are doing.

What you need to do is get yourself into an accountability group such as AA and GO consistently until you kick this.

It is totally inappropriate and unfair to beg anyone to suffer so you can be high.

You need to get help now. PLEASE get yourself to AA or some community help ASAP. Look in the phone book and find a group and run there.

Please. What you are risking is very serious.

Last edited by yayagirl; 03-26-2015 at 10:30 AM.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:49 AM   #7
    Faith51
    (female)

Faith51 HB User

I understand what you are saying. It just made my stomach turn and I'm feeling like throwing up. I'm done. Ill leave him before I ask for another one. I'm done. Thank you. I guess I needed that. The truth hurts.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-19-2015 at 07:27 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Faith51:
    yayagirl (03-26-2015)
    The Following User Says Thank You to Faith51 For This Useful Post:
    yayagirl (03-26-2015)
    Old 03-26-2015, 11:26 AM   #8
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Faith51 View Post
    I understand what you are saying. It just made my stomach turn and I'm feeling like throwing up. I'm done. Ill leave him before I ask for another one. I'm done. Thank you. I guess I needed that. The truth hurts.
    Dear Faith,

You show you are an honest, caring and courageous lady!! Don't forget who you really are!

Thank you for what you wrote! Please do keep coming back for support here. And also please get the accountability support of a 'live' group, too.

What you are facing truly isn't simple, or you wouldn't have been caught up by it. Normally I only have a small amount of time on the boards, but I wanted to see if you replied, and I really admire you, I have to say.

Anyone can get tripped up, but it is an admirable person that realizes it and takes responsibility. I would be proud to have you for a friend!!

I will keep you and your husband in my prayers.
    Many blessings.

Last edited by yayagirl; 03-26-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Reply Reply

Tags
    addiction recovery