It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Klonopin Withdrawl

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-02-2015, 01:06 AM   #1
    GADGUY
    (male)

GADGUY HB User
    Klonopin Withdrawl

I am currently in week four of my taper from.5mg down to.25mg. I was on 1mg daily for around 4 months, dropped to.5mg for around 2 months and now have been at.25mg for the 4 weeks as stated.

My symptoms are fatigue, increased anxiety, depersonalization, muscle tension & fatigue, tingling in limbs and increased depression. Looking for advice on where to go from here. The symptoms are pretty awful. I have trouble seeing my path to come rely quit.

I was originally put on the medication for General Anxiety, which in hindsight seems pale in comparison to what I am going through now.

Any advice would be welcomed.

The following user gives a hug of support to GADGUY:
    Phoenix (05-04-2015)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2015, 05:47 PM   #2
    Phoenix
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
    Re: Klonopin Withdrawl

Hello Gadguy and welcome.

Have you spoke to your prescribing physician about these symptoms?

I ask because this person is most qualified to take care of your specific needs,based upon your specific medical history.

Have you ever read up on epsom salt baths?

It's something to consider,while you await another scheduled appointment with your prescribing physician.

If your symptoms happen to become unbearable, please consider going to your nearest emergency room as soon as possible....

Consider calling for an ambulance,if you can't make it there on your own.

Respectfully
    Phoenix

Old 05-05-2015, 03:23 PM   #3
    jw90
    (female)

jw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB User

You don't say how old you are but I'm 69 and have been on klonopin for about 4 years and use it to sleep at night .05 mg and play to stay on it...never changed my dose and sleep is good.m

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:33 PM   #4
    GADGUY
    (male)

GADGUY HB User

I have spoken with my gp. He brushed off the situation and said my symptoms were all in my head. I have an appointment with a neurologist anyways on June 4th to make sure.

I'm 35 years old.

I'm still at the . 25 mg.

Old 05-12-2015, 04:36 PM   #5
    GADGUY
    (male)

GADGUY HB User

I figured I'd update this thread incase anyone is following along. I'm still at the.25mg per day and have steadied some. I'm still having the muscle coordination problems, but they have receded slightly. I'm think of cutting down to.125mg starting the next couple of days. This medicine is certainly brutal. I never would have expected these symptoms. Increased anxiety maybe, but never nervous system / muscle symptoms.

The following user gives a hug of support to GADGUY:
    SanyBelle (05-17-2015)
    Old 05-17-2015, 04:01 PM   #6
    GADGUY
    (male)

GADGUY HB User

I'm on day 4 of.125mg. The first day there wasn't much change, but the last 3 have been miserable. Panic Attacks, increased depression, tremor in hands and increased muscle tension in legs. Going to stick it out and see if I can stabilize at this dosage and then try and figure out what to do.

Old 05-24-2015, 06:41 PM   #7
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi Gadguy

How are you doing at this point? As we know, benzos are brutal to come off of. Remember not to go fast... go super slow tapering down. Cut by percentage, not by halves. Measure in progress and not time.

For me, .25 down to .125 would have been too big a drop. That's 50%! I would smash that .25 into crumbs and then try to measure by eye about 90% of the pile and take that. Save any crumbs towards the next dose.

I guess to some it sounds like such tiny steps.... and that is what it is. I kept moving along with that trying to cut only 10% each time. Wait a week to 10 days and then make the next cut. There will be symptoms of course, but not so brutal and long lasting. At the very end, I was down to but a few crumbs per dose, then to every other day, and then pretty much walked off.

Let us know how you are doing.

Rooting for you
    reach

Old 05-25-2015, 06:20 AM   #8
    GADGUY
    (male)

GADGUY HB User

I am holding steady at the.125mg for the time being. My anxiety levels remain high. I'm still having muscular symptoms and my brain is a mess. Very slow, trouble concentrating and finding words. For now I'm holding out for some relief from this, before I'll consider cutting further. I tried 3 days without and that didn't go well.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:28 PM   #9
    reachout
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi

Smart choice... this is not the time to consider another cut by any means.

I really, really feel you missed the mark on this last cut and made way too big a cut. A 50% cut would never be a recommended cut from a benzo... I am talking about those who have made this journey as a patient, not a doctor.

This is something I never advise, but I am going to suggest you go back up on the Klonopin and get leveled out. Personally, I would go up to .20 That would be a 20% cut from your beginning dose. I think you will find yourself leveling out and feel much more capable to continue on the taper.

If you continue at your current dose and don't start to feel more level and stabilized, then please consider what I wrote.

I am so sorry you are going through this. It is beyond miserable.

reach

Old 10-26-2015, 05:38 PM   #10
    Autumn Rain
    (female)

Autumn Rain HB User

I am going through a klonopin taper/withdrawal myself. Wanted to ask how it's going in case you're still here. I'm getting a bit desperate. (I'm also 35, and I tapered from 1.5 to 1 mg and now - hopefully - to 0.5)

Last edited by Autumn Rain; 10-26-2015 at 06:03 PM.

Reply Reply