It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• liver enzymes up what do I do for pain?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-17-2003, 06:47 AM   #16
    Autumn Angel
    Inactive

Autumn Angel HB User
    J_f ...You know I heard ALL the bad stories about oxycontin too but I am glad I ignored them and went by my cardinal rule. "they are safe if you dont abuse them". It has been my lifesaver. Its the little percs I had the trouble with . Thr roxicodone would be the best choice I wish it was available here in Canada. Or the OxyIR. So many livers over here could be saved.
    I start my Pain Management in May so not sure if my meds will switch or not. My Primary doc told me the PM doc might not like the fact I am on dilaudid so this was my last script for that. Another thing I didnt understand because it has been a Godsend helping me sleep. Not sure if I will get withdrawls from it or not because I only take one at bedtime as needed and I do skip nights and it doesnt bother me.
    Well the sun is trying to peak out here this morning so maybe my mood will get better have a nice day my friends.
    Luv
    Autumn.

[This message has been edited by Autumn Angel (edited 04-17-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2003, 06:28 PM   #17
    Rrector
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Rrector HB UserRrector HB User
    Here's the coverter website you need to compare the different pain meds. [url="http://www.**************/narcotic.cgi"]http://www.**************/narcotic.cgi[/url]

Director

Old 04-19-2003, 06:49 AM   #18
    j_f_2003
    Inactive

j_f_2003 HB User
    The pm nurse called me back and said he was switching me to Roxycodone 5 mg and I looked at the converter chart and roxy wasn't listed but when I used oxycodone to compare it to hydrocodone. 10 mg of hydrocodone(1 lortab) worked out to 6.67mg of oxycodone or 5mg of oxycodone worked out to 7.5 mg of hydrocodone. Seems to me like it will be a little less of a strength for me since I am also not getting the tylenol added anymore or will it be about the same amount of pain relief because roxycodone is a different base of medicine? I should be ok with that amount as I am cutting back to 1 1/2 lortab per day.

I won't recieve the roxycodone till Monday because the pharmacy had to order it. They called to five other pharmacies and only one pharmacy had some of the medication. They couldn't just give me what they had and then more once the order came in because it would "cancel" the remaining pills on the script. I would have had to go and get another script from the dr. for remaining pills pharmacy couldn't give me. I didn't know how would I explain that! I didn't want to lose the rest of the script so I decided it was best to wait four more days to get the full script.

Old 04-19-2003, 06:58 AM   #19
    j_f_2003
    Inactive

j_f_2003 HB User
    One other question. I notice that hydrocodone has a half life of 3.5 -4.5 hrs. while oxycodone has no half life. Can someone explain to me what half life means?

Closed Thread